Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Going of twitter chat from certain weathermen there keep mentioning sting jet and winds picking up tonight, so could be interesting tonight

Pretty much stopped raining now, and calm. Only around 5mm of rain here :(

Pressure dropping drastically here now though, -1.3mb/h, so hope we will get more than the 5mm or rain and 20 mph gusts we have had so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Pretty much stopped raining now, and calm. Only around 5mm of rain here sad.png

Pressure dropping drastically here now though, -1.3mb/h, so hope we will get more than the 5mm or rain and 20 mph gusts we have had so far.

Where abouts are you situated?

The winds will pick up later today, damaging in the far south west.

I've 23.2mm so far today, most of that has come in the last 3 hours.

Posted

Pretty much stopped raining now, and calm. Only around 5mm of rain here sad.png

Where's that then (hinty, stick your location in your profile!!!!! laugh.png )

Went out for a brief walk at lunchtime and it may not be heavy. but it is persistent!

Where abouts are you situated?

Wiltshire. Quite suprised we have had pretty much nothing. I know the wind is meant to pick up overnight, and later on today, but I'm suprised at the very little rainfall we have got.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Wiltshire. Quite suprised we have had pretty much nothing. I know the wind is meant to pick up overnight, and later on today, but I'm suprised at the very little rainfall we have got.

Very strange that. You must be right on the border between the heavy rain though. High PVA is tracking north east, so the rain band should start to pep up further inland.

Just had 10 minutes of really heavy fine rain here as the main front passed, it's taken my total to 24.4mm now.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I think it's on its way!

post-6667-0-45468500-1339074370_thumb.jp

Posted

Where abouts in Wiltshire are you??? Its been pouring down all day

Posted
Swindon. Not far from devizes, but we aren't seeing much at all. Drizzling for the past 10 mins, and wind is slightly faster, nothing out of the ordinary, tho

drizzle... strange.....should be pouring down with rain like is here, winds aint meant to pick up till this evening tho But its definitely is slowing picking up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

it's chuckling it down now here just North of Daventry.

That looks nasty just south of cORNWALLukvis_sat_201206071400.jpg

The rain is starting to slowly pick up now. Still fairly light, but persistant. About 2mm in the past hour, totalling 6mm in total. Pressure dropped tot 989mb now, too! Wind still only gusting to 18 or 19 mph

42mm :o Over what period of time has that been?

Posted

Lousy day although so far the rain hasn't been heavy. Gusting 45mph at times but eased slightly at the moment but a warning out for perhaps stronger winds this evening. Pressure 983mb falling.The midday chart.

Edited by Weather Ship

Looks like NW Ireland have it bad too. 85mm..Ouch. There again, by that maps prediction we should have nearly and inch here, and we have had 7mm. Most of the rain has likely moved North by now too.

Posted

SKYWARN UK SEVERE WEATHER WATCH #025

ISSUED: 1000UTC THURSDAY 7TH JUNE 2012 (GJ/SM/GB)

SKYWARN UK HAS ISSUED A SEVERE WEATHER WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING REGIONS:

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND SOUTHERN ENGLAND NORTHERN IRELAND WALES WEST MIDLANDS NORTHERN ENGLAND

IN EFFECT FROM 1200UTC THURSDAY 7TH UNTIL 2359UTC FRIDAY 8TH JUNE 2012

LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEEPENING UNDER A CYCLONIC JETSREAM

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SEVERE WEATHER AFFECTING THE INDICATED REGIONS IN THE TIME PERIOD SPECIFIED. THREATS WITHIN THIS WATCH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

HEAVY RAIN...GALES...STRONG GUSTS

DISCUSSION:

THERE IS GOOD MODEL AGREEMENT AND OBSERVATION DATA INDICATIONS ON THE POSSIBILITY OF A SEVERE WEATHER RISK FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS. A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CROSSES UNDER A CYCLONIC JETSTREAM, DEEPENING AND MATURING TO ~980MB AS IT LANDFALLS IN THE SOUTHWEST TODAY. NEAR THE LOW CENTRE, IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE WRAP-AROUND OCCLUSION, GALES UP TO 50MPH MEAN WITH GUSTS POSSIBLY REACHING 70MPH WITH LOCALISED CONVECTIVE ENHANCEMENT MAY OCCUR; AFFECTING WINDWARD SLOPES AND EXPOSED COASTAL AREAS OF THE WATCH AREAS AS THE SYSTEM SLOWLY TRANSITS NORTHWARD. THERE IS A RISK OF DAMAGE TO TREES AND LIGHT STRUCTURES FROM THESE WINDS. AN ACTIVE FRONTAL SYSTEM CROSSES MOST OF SOUTHERN UK IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS LOW, PROVIDING PERSISTENT AND OCCASIONALLY HEAVY RAIN WITH POSSIBLE TOTALS OF 50MM BY THE END OF THE PERIOD. THESE TOTALS MAY BE EXCEEDED OWING TO STRONG OROGRAPHIC ENHANCEMENT ACROSS SLOPES AND STEEP CATCHMENTS, WITH WIDESPREAD EXCESS SURFACE WATER EXPECTED GIVEN RECENT SATURATION FROM A SHOWERY REGIME. IN ADDITION, AN UNSTABLE AND NEARLY SATURATED AIRMASS DRAWN UP FROM THE NEAR CONTINENT AHEAD OF THE INITIAL COLD FRONT WILL PROVIDE PERIODS OF HEAVY RAIN ACROSS SOUTHERN ENGLAND EARLY IN THE PERIOD. SOME LOCALISED AND COASTAL FLOODING MAY RESULT. PLEASE MONITOR WEATHER AND TRAVEL INFO AS NECESSARY. THIS WATCH MAY BE UPDATED OR UPGRADED.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Rain for much of the day alternating between drizzle and heavier bursts. Actually just got a clearer slot over us now with bright skies and sun poking through. Wind is picking up gradually but it feels pretty warm to be honest. There looks like there's another intense burst of rain heading from the SW soon and it looks quite nasty even though it's moving quickly.

15mm so far since 0000hrs this morning so not as much as I was expecting it to show, but still a fair bit. Max gust so far today is 29mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Really winding up now with gales/severe gales now affecting the far SW gusts in excess of 60mph on a few stations, mean speeds approaching severe gale force 9. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Very heavy rainfall affecting a big swathe of the country includung Ireland which will lead to flooding in a few areas, very un-June like!!

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Has anyone got a link to the UK coastal observatories with wave height information and stuff. I'm sure I got one off here before.

Edited by cartedj