Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fed Up With Overcast, Rain And Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Just to show how utterly boring and mundane our weather is here....this shot was taken over two and a half hours after the one I posted above.........SPOT THE DIFFERENCE!!!

post-7254-0-27582900-1339778397_thumb.jp

This has been the scene here literally for the past four or five months...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This has been the scene here literally for the past four or five months...

Sick to the back teeth of this autumnal rubbish quite frankly. After 5 lousy summers in a row (2007-2011), all this rain, wind and cloudy cool rot is not what the doctor ordered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sick to the back teeth of this autumnal rubbish quite frankly. After 5 lousy summers in a row (2007-2011), all this rain, wind and cloudy cool rot is not what the doctor ordered.

After 22 years' in the North West Highlands, I can feel your pain C43W...

Posted

So much for the hope that this years very different April would mean a change in fortunes for the summer.

I could try to say something positive about the first half of June 2007 in that we got one nice sunny day on the 1st and then even during the dismal prolonged gloom that followed we still got days where the cloud broke briefly and temperatures hit the average.

I cannot think of anything to say about the appalling pile of garbage we've been subjected to this month that isn't negative in the extreme. So cold and miserable it's beyond horrible. Just a complete write-off with not one day you can go out without a thick coat or not have the central heating on.

At 3pm today it was just 8.5C here while at Braemar it was 6.5C. Just a complete joke for mid-June. Mean max so far running over 3C below average at just 12.2C which would be 0.8C down on average for the first half of October.

Every day has been well below average and it's the first time in at least the past 100 years that 15C hasn't been reached during the first half of June. Most ridiculous of all is that no day has been as warm as Christmas Day last year.

Sunshine absolutely dismal even by the rock bottom June standards of the past 15 years. Barely half of the average and a record breaking dull week with just 1.6hours sun. It was the dullest week at any time of the year for almost 2 1/2 years wallbash.gif From the afternoon of Tuesday 5th right through to the evening of Monday 11th skies were constantly grey and depressing just like those photos from Ellesmere Port.

Even when the sun comes out it's only shining brilliantly at 5am and by 8am it's almost totally overcast. I can't recall seeing less than 4 oktas of cloud cover this month and I doubt there's been one day where the cloud cover average between 9am and 6pm has been less than 6 oktas. If we excluded 5-9am then I'm sure the sunshine totals this month would be as dire as the record breaking dull June of 2007.

Not even any heavy summer type rainfalls - just endless November type drizzle and light rain. Months like this and June 2007 are not just the worst summer months I have experienced - they are the worst months of any namebad.gif

Posted

Just to show how utterly boring and mundane our weather is here....this shot was taken over two and a half hours after the one I posted above.........SPOT THE DIFFERENCE!!!

post-7254-0-27582900-1339778397_thumb.jp

It's been the same here for the past 15 days to, the way this pattern is carrying on the sunshine hours for this month will come out lower than any of the winter months!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I know recent summers have been bad but this June so far has been in a different league. It just seems that the UK is a magnet for low pressure. In unsettled spells in summers before 2007 we would have seen more instances of low pressure tracking just to the north of scotland which would have brought a mixed bag of weather where one day would be warm and sunny and the next would be cooler and showery. Nowadays its just day after day of rain and cool winds as low pressure just stalls over the UK.

One thing thats frustrating me at the moment is that FI will see the Azores High coming into play which is the main source of settled spells for the UK. As each run passes, its influence becomes less and less as it takes up residence far away from the UK. We are then left with weak areas of high pressure which are not capable of delivering anyting warm or long lasting and that are easily pushed aside. Much of September 2011-March 2012 was dominated by the Azores/Euro high close by, hence it was a very warm period. Its so infuriating to see once again it can not last into Summer.

Posted

Another thing aswell is how these area's of rain appearing out nowhere, Sunday Night/Mondays rain even further west now, just watch it stall over us all through Monday which would of been a day of sunny spells and scattered showers otherwise.

Oh my gosh the dry settled spell from Tuesday - Friday is now downgrading with every run to with that godawful low closer and closer, I can just imagine it ending up stuck over us with the high over the rest of Europe :lol:

June 2007 was a trillion times better than this month, for a start we'd already had 24c and an intense thunderstorm by this point in the month!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Monday is looking like a significant day in that it will be the first day of the month to see average maximum temperatures (hopefully 21c in the SE). Just appalling given that it will be the 17th.

Posted

So poor is the weather one has to wonder why such a strong signal hasn't been picked up by the long range forecasts. If they had any real value they'd have picked this up or at least some aspect of it but they haven't. I could be on the model thread pushing MJO this and QBO that and CFS charts etc but clearly something odd is happening over the last 5 years when compared to the previous 20 years at least. I know this for a fact in how the garden is reacting, how the ground is often dry in mid spring and sodden in summer in the last few years.

I reckon people will go crazy if this keeps up, think of family and social events being ruined, I had a close call last weekend and just got away with a major party I had planned, heaven help people getting married and the like, very tough on them this.

Contrary to expectations a reasonable spell since Saturday, missed the worst of the showers here and with decent sunny spells at times. Temperature up to average 18 or 19c.

Similar here, although not as warm, sunny spells early Tuesday and mostly sunny on Wednesday, not brilliant but could have been the worse i.e. the weather since then.

Posted

very windy today and so it will be again tomorrow giving my crops another battering, they are doing very badly this year as we have had far to many dull, overcast. cool. wet days, we will need a hot july, august and september if i am too get anything decent this year eg, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers etc

its not the rain that is annoying much me so much its the cool weather, why can we never have 25c and rain, it always has to be 10-15c

Edited by Snowy Easterly

These depressions are depressing me wallbash.gif

Hopefully we will be in line for a '59 or '76 summer after what seems to be a steadily deteorating period over the last 4 or 5 years, or was Joe laminate floori right when he predicted a cooler climate for NW Europe for the next 30 or so years?

Posted

The fact we get these conditions on the days forecast to be 'brighter with sunny spells' really sums up this month.

post-2546-0-86515200-1340011534_thumb.jp

post-2546-0-52365700-1340011539_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

The fact we get these conditions on the days forecast to be 'brighter with sunny spells' really sums up this month.

post-2546-0-86515200-1340011534_thumb.jp

post-2546-0-52365700-1340011539_thumb.jp

Wow, that would actually be classed as exciting weather compared to the dross round here at the moment, least you've got some discernible clouds there to look at! Its just a solid light grey mess here all the time! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

I started this thread because I was sick to the back teeth of overcast, rain and cold.

Well, that was well over six weeks ago and I am still fed up with overcast, rain and cold.

Posted

its not cold though today for once, its rare for it to be overcast, wet and warm these days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes I can't call it cold today especially with the higher dew points.

I'm not suffering too bad with the naff weather just yet having had a 6 day charge up of 28c sunny days/20c clear nights in Barcelona. Won't be long though!

Posted

I don't mind the rain. At least it offers something to look at, and personally I find it quite relaxing.

If it's just cloudy and cool though, I find it to be quite tedious. I don't go outside a lot anyway, but it just makes everything look exceedingly depressing. At least sun and warmth makes things look nice, despite that kind of weather triggering my hayfever.

Posted

Yet another miserable depressing day. Cold, wet and sunless with more completely featureless skies.

This was the sky during the brighter part of the day before the murk and rain moved in:

post-11542-0-63342700-1340297847_thumb.j

Precisely the same dismal uniform grey we've been subjected to all day long on about 50% of days this month and for the majority of the time on most other dayshappy.png

Temp reached just 11.7C today so another well below average day. Only one day has been above average this month and it was blighted by heavy downpours. Just 16 days out of the past 82 have been seen above average maximanonono.gif .

When will this nightmare end? Don't know anyone who isn't sick to death of this unrelenting dross and asking what the hell has happened to our weather. This vile month is so repugnant it's making even April and the first three weeks of May seem decent by comparisonwallbash.gif .

Posted

Yesterday was the best day of the month so far. 20C and unbroken sunshine for most of the day.

That's the highest temperature recorded so far this month which is disappointing and becomes even more remarkable when I mention that I think we recorded a high max in March. That's gotta be a record?!

Despite the rain and thick cloud today, it was 17C and felt very sticky thanks to the sky-high humidity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I am sick to death of incessant cloud, wind and drizzle dross and what is shaping up to be yet another nightmare summer with an absence of thunderstorms or any other interesting weather.

Winter brings more enjoyment than this pathetic excuse for a 'summer' month has yielded. May was a load of crud too and barely any rain fell in the dull and sunless period before the 21st.

Today was yet another let down here in the S.E. with a piddling useless rain event despite the depression passing overhead. As usual, any thundery activity either moved east away from reaching this area or died out before it got here (last night).

if we have to suffer such a crap month, it would be nice if we could actually get something worthy of comment instead of endless waste of time small rainfall events and days of gloom and strong winds. Before anyone says 'S.E. had a deluge on Monday 11th June' - we did, but like last years only decent event of the summer here (5th~6th June '11), I was away on holiday and missed everything - again. Of course, nothing interesting happened at my holiday area.

My summing up of summer 2012 - another year - another summer - same old

Truly sick to death and at the end of my tether with this depressing dirge.

Might as well put some Christmas music on to cheer myself up - at least we have the festive period in winter when the wx is dreary - the summer offers nothing but endless disappointment and the fifth summer in a row like this is wearing very thin and my patience is going. mad.gif

Posted

I am sick to death of incessant cloud, wind and drizzle dross and what is shaping up to be yet another nightmare summer with an absence of thunderstorms or any other interesting weather............

I take it you're not best pleased with the summer so far,then? Been awesome for me so far - woke up to another Novemberesque morning,but I fully concur with the lack of thunderstorms bit. On reflection,stuff the storms as we usually have to buy them first with a few days of preceeding sun,heat and humidity. Ugh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I read somewhere recently, someone from the Met Office asking what else should we expect, what with living where we do. I for one am not stupid, in that I don't expect day after day of 90 degrees Mediterranean style summer weather. But I would expect better than the way below average sunshine, way above average rainfall and below average temperatures that has been served up by this unflushable turd of a so-called summer month. mad.gif

Edited by Carl43Wrexham