Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Lovely hail shower just.

Same.

Finally, at last, had a proper heavy shower with a lot of hail hit here. Settled slightly on the ground, too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bone dry here today and 1 shower last week in all thoose days we were supposedly in a 'prime location'. Another dry week? Wouldnt surprise me. Think i'll move to the midwest.

Posted

Bone dry here today and 1 shower last week in all thoose days we were supposedly in a 'prime location'. Another dry week? Wouldnt surprise me. Think i'll move to the midwest.

surely you had more than one shower? I had at least 5 and they would of had to pass near to you too hit me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a few sferics popping up now on the lightning detector coming from the clump of cells around my location...I can report from here in Penkridge some rather large hail and a deep rumble of thunder..It's all passing through rather rapidly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Had a very nice hail shower about 2 hours ago :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looks as though a large portion of England and Wales including the Midlands are gonna get a good soaking tomorrow, judging by this chart......

post-6830-0-78258700-1334679872_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another storm not far to my North and heard nothing. I hope this isnt last week all over again. Lol at some in the SE who hogged everything last week are still sounding like they will be disappointed if they miss this weeks stuff. They have already had their yearly dose!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

3 rumbles of thunder and hail at 5pm, just missed me to the north, and another anvil missed to south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Another storm not far to my North and heard nothing. I hope this isnt last week all over again. Lol at some in the SE who hogged everything last week are still sounding like they will be disappointed if they miss this weeks stuff. They have already had their yearly dose!

If it makes you feel any better there's been nothing here in the storm void area of south Cheshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tomorrows heavy rain looks to be shifting towards the East Midlands now not the West (No surprise there!!!) however that may be better for our storm potential rather than just heavy rain all day.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Tomorrows heavy rain looks to be shifting towards the East Midlands now not the West (No surprise there!!!) however that may be better for our storm potential rather than just heavy rain all day.

GFS has it further west than NAE. Then again this is the same NAE that forecast the main area of showers today to be focussed on Lancashire, down through Greater Manchester and into Cheshire. I can assure you this hasn't been the case!

GFS has it further west than NAE. Then again this is the same NAE that forecast the main area of showers today to be focussed on Lancashire, down through Greater Manchester and into Cheshire. I can assure you this hasn't been the case!

GFS has been consistent for several runs now on a heavy area of precipitation pushing up through the Midlands and into N/NW England.

Posted

True, but the GFS, NMM and NAE all seem to have slowly shifted things East I think.

Posted

True, but the GFS, NMM and NAE all seem to have slowly shifted things East I think.

GFS has been consistent for several runs now on a heavy area of precipitation pushing up through the Midlands and into N/NW England.

Posted

good, hope they are right, nothing worse than a day of all rain,

Posted

lashing down with hail now but looks short, heaviest rain/hail for weeks, slight covering as well

Edited by Storms? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Missed out on any 'interesting' weather today, only a few splashes of rain now and again. Temp currently 9oC. Looks like all the action is... well anywhere but the west Midlands! LOL. We appear to be in the 'dead zone' for the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yep, looks a very wet day for some parts of the Midlands. The latest 12z NMM. has up to an inch or 25mms in one or two place.!Good news for my garden if nothing else!good.gifclapping.gifrofl.gifmega_shok.gif

Posted

Yep, looks a very wet day for some parts of the Midlands. The latest 12z NMM. has up to an inch or 25mms in one or two place.!Good news for my garden if nothing else!good.gifclapping.gifrofl.gifmega_shok.gif

The NAE has been like pin the tail on the donkey with its placement of tomorrow's rain....I've yet to see two consecutive runs where the rain is placed in the same location. Can't access NMM ao won't comment on that.

Posted

Maybe I should have moaned earlier. Clap of thunder and moderately heavy rain shower. I saw the shower this morning got past my window and slam into Lichfield, just goes to show how marginal things can be in a day of showers. Hope we get loads of rain tommorow, hope its heavy and there's a thundery element also. I have to say aslong as rains heavy, I enjoy seeing and watching it fall for hours on end.

Posted

Maybe I should have moaned earlier. Clap of thunder and moderately heavy rain shower. I saw the shower this morning got past my window and slam into Lichfield, just goes to show how marginal things can be in a day of showers. Hope we get loads of rain tommorow, hope its heavy and there's a thundery element also. I have to say aslong as rains heavy, I enjoy seeing and watching it fall for hours on end.

Me too, I don't mind heavy rain one bit. I'm still unsure of how tomorrow is going to pan out to be honest.

Posted

I find myself with a strange theraputic feeling listening to rain hit the ground and hearing cars having to trudge through big deep puddles. Weird i no. You watch it be virtually bone dry here tommorow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Saw a rainstorm from Aldridge that i thought was over Walsall, got into Walsall expecting rain and got nothing, Got into Bloxwich where i live, literally just as i got over the border from Leamore, the heavens opened, and muggins here had to get off the bus and got soaked!

Posted

bbc weather had storms/convective only south of b'ham, lots of places look like missing out on hail/thunder tomorrow

radders no way dry tomorrow, N midlands in the worst spot tomorrow, continuous rain, dry further south

Edited by Storms? norfolk n chance

Posted

Just seen BBC weather forecast and most of the NW Midlands and NW England look dry on the graphics for much of tomorrow........it's a bit of a bad egg when you can't even get rain with LP virtually parked over you.

Posted

I don't mind these sypnotics when theres plenty of sunshine in between the showers but at present its looking like we may make it through the whole of April with very little sunshine and just standard showers.

The only pleasant day thus far was the 1st, days like yesterday which were sunny elswhere were grey here due to the Telford Sun Shield laugh.png

The good thing is thats its usually always July or August that has this weather so maybe for once its happening early.

Edited by conor123