Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

WINTER's OVER- temperature has shot up 4c in last two hours, now only -5.9 lol

Posted

May seem odd but im looking forward to the warm up. These temps of -10C and below are painful in my opinion. I used to think how nice it would be to live in cold places such as Canada or Scandinavia but now im not so sure. Maybe im just getting old!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Yes, I quite agree, -11 this morning was painful

Posted

Hi TEITS just wanted to say Thank you for your input on the model discussion shame some decided to be rather rude when you were only trying to warn people who were not expecting it. Keep up the good work. Temp is now -8 0c hope it warms up soon looking forward to having warmer temps

Posted

Hi TEITS just wanted to say Thank you for your input on the model discussion shame some decided to be rather rude when you were only trying to warn people who were not expecting it. Keep up the good work. Temp is now -8 0c hope it warms up soon looking forward to having warmer temps

Thank you for the kind words.

Despite a largely disappointing winter i've enjoyed posting in the model discussion thread. My methods tend to differ somewhat to other members as I base my posts not just on the model output but I also try and use a bit of instinct. This can at times cause some agro on the thread!

Just add that over the past week the synoptics might not of been classic but this region has certainly done well and probably far better than we could of expected. A total of 17cm of snowfall with min temps dropping as low as -16C is pretty impressive when upper temps have only been around -5C.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

-7.6°C here atm, I hope it's warmed up a bit by the morning before I take the dogs out...

post-10773-0-86330900-1329003773_thumb.j

...night night

:angel:

Thank you for the kind words.

Despite a largely disappointing winter i've enjoyed posting in the model discussion thread. My methods tend to differ somewhat to other members as I base my posts not just on the model output but I also try and use a bit of instinct. This can at times cause some agro on the thread!

Just add that over the past week the synoptics might not of been classic but this region has certainly done well and probably far better than we could of expected. A total of 17cm of snowfall with min temps dropping as low as -16C is pretty impressive when upper temps have only been around -5C.

yes i second that ,very good rundowns and opinions, and even beating the NAE at its own game the other night .LOL. will look forward to your Thunderstorm predictions ....

aylesbury

bucks

Edited by Vince Coombes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Looking like we could see some snow falling today! Latest data from NAE has upgraded our snow chances for this morning, so i have done a map using data from GFS and NAE, upper temps cold enough, dew points below freezing just in time for the ppn to turn up.

post-11361-0-94850000-1329020373_thumb.g

Here is the latest radar, looking interesting!

post-11361-0-80789300-1329026173_thumb.g

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Got a lovely dusting of snow here this morning near Gt Yarmouth, I do love a surprise! Thanks for posting that ElectricSnowStorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Got a lovely dusting of snow here this morning near Gt Yarmouth, I do love a surprise! Thanks for posting that ElectricSnowStorm.

Thats nice and i think this could surprise many others to, not read much chat about this snow although the forecasters have said about it on here and the MetO and im sure others to, so it was expected. must say though NAE really upgraded this on the last run 00z! more pink on the map! the other day everyone was chatting about light snow and that and nothing on this really not sure why! anyway if its snow where you are im sure it will be snow further south where the dew points/temps are colder! Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

The recent snow certainly made it a good winter here after the disappointments of 2010/11

Agree with TEITS about the cold, it was hard work yesterday and my asthma is definitely not up to those temperatures.

It will no doubt go quiet again here now, soon be spring and all the good things that brings, cheers for the company EA people

Posted

Thats nice and i think this could surprise many others to, not read much chat about this snow although the forecasters have said about it on here and the MetO and im sure others to, so it was expected. must say though NAE really upgraded this on the last run 00z! more pink on the map! the other day everyone was chatting about light snow and that and nothing on this really not sure why! anyway if its snow where you are im sure it will be snow further south where the dew points/temps are colder!

Not sure how far inland it's been as friends in Norwich say it's just cold and frosty there. Hope there are a few more surprises to come in February!

Posted

Same here.Snowed for about an hour this morning giving us about 1cm. I guess thats it for now as a thaw should set in by lunchtime today

Posted
  • Location: To the South East of Ipswich - on the Essex/Suffolk Border
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow

Just opened the blind and most of the green that was showing yesterday has been covered again. Not much - under a cm. V, nice surprise though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Not sure how far inland it's been as friends in Norwich say it's just cold and frosty there. Hope there are a few more surprises to come in February!

........everywhere white here again (light covering) and we are about 15miles south of Norwich :)

Posted

WOW I JUST WOKE UP AND SAW IT, NOT EXPECTED ANYTHING, REALLY HAPPY NOW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Wow totally unexpected, another 2cms of snow fell here in Lowestoft last night. Makes a change! Woohoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Nice fresh covering of snow this morning with perhaps one or two more showers to come before it warms up !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow

Now raining with everything that fell last night all but gone. What was left from last weekend will now follow. A bit sad, but putting my Pollyanna hat on - at least we had 7 days of lying snow to play in which isn't bad for these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Now raining with everything that fell last night all but gone. What was left from last weekend will now follow. A bit sad, but putting my Pollyanna hat on - at least we had 7 days of lying snow to play in which isn't bad for these parts.

Raining here too !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A rather pheasant pleasant Sunday morning walk this morning....

post-10773-0-24715900-1329044438_thumb.j

......did anyone else see any Zebra today ?

post-10773-0-19085300-1329044600_thumb.j

post-10773-0-36987700-1329044626_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Morning all,oh well snow is melting but can honestly say its been a great cold spell for us considering Dec and Jan have been poor for cold. Would not mind if I didnt see any more snow this year looking foward to longer days, warm sunshine and getting outside a bit!