Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow/Freezing Rain Risk - 9-10th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Update on snow forecast tonight by Simon Keeling:

http://www.weatherwe...pics/uksnow.jpg

He admits that the snow was grossly over estimated.

very heavy snow here !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Wow, The models and the metoffice have not handled the distribution of precipitation well at all. The snow is alot further East than expected with Central, Eastern England and the SE seeing most of the snow at the moment. The BBC forecast on 6 o clock news had snow over the East!

Posted

Just love lamp post watching....been snowing for over four hours now :drinks:

post-4473-0-00969200-1328819922_thumb.jp

Edited by surfersparks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I do feel sorry for anyone originally forecast to have snow but didnt get any. My area has been pasted both now and last weekend. Its a shame westerners missed out on it again. Many were forecast for a shift east, including me. But this is ridiculous. Just goes to show the "experts" at the met office know no more than anyone on here. They should hire TEITS as he was goimg for eastward shift when the "experts" wanted it all in the west. Very, very poor from the met office and beeb, put way to much confidence in their model.

Edited by Zakos

Posted

Wow, The models and the metoffice have not handled the distribution of precipitation well at all. The snow is alot further East than expected with Central, Eastern England and the SE seeing most of the snow at the moment. The BBC forecast on 6 o clock news had snow over the East!

Yes further East although I'm getting a pasting here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I do feel sorry for anyone originally forecast to have snow but didnt get any. My area has been pasted both now and last weekend. Its a shame westerners missed out on it again. Many were forecast for a shift east, including me. But this is ridiculous. Just goes to show the "experts" at the met office know no more than anyone on here. They should hire TEITS as he was goimg for eastward shift when the "experts" wanted it all in the west. Very, very poor from the met office and beeb, put way to much confidence in their model.

Don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I forecast this yesterday and people were arguing at me saying further west is best, WRONG!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Why are ppl giving up? Yes its east uk , but its GOING to pivot and head west, who knows how it will develop? Do we not see time and time again ppn developing within a low pressure as time wheres on? I guarentee in 3 hours from now ppl that havent got snow further west will have some. What we see on radar is showing where that is now , but parts of the front will change/increase/decrease as time goes on.

Posted

Interesting, the snow zone looks about like its not moved west even slightly on the back edge and precip is still feeding down something around 185 degrees, looks like some parts of the SE and E.Midlands wil lbe hammered...

I'm expecting a solid 5-10cms now for places to the north and west of Lonon (including London and 2-5cms for places south and east...MUCh more than was ever forecasted...

What horrible bust...but I did say last night in the Midlands forum that the NAE in particular has a bad west bias...looks like thats exactly what has happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

metoffice has just extended the warning to cover more of the southeast.......

Posted

Interesting, the snow zone looks about like its not moved west even slightly on the back edge and precip is still feeding down something around 185 degrees, looks like some parts of the SE and E.Midlands wil lbe hammered...

I'm expecting a solid 5-10cms now for places to the north and west of Lonon (including London and 2-5cms for places south and east...MUCh more than was ever forecasted...

What horrible bust...but I did say last night in the Midlands forum that the NAE in particular has a bad west bias...looks like thats exactly what has happened.

I think ill get a lot more then 10cm, heavy snow here last hr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Snowing here in Christchurch for about 40 mins. Getting heavier about 4/10 now.

Just lost my satellite signal due to heavy snow just started again in northampton. What excuse do you think the beeb and met office forecasters have , for such a poor forecast , which even at 630pm nearlt nowcast , they refused to look at what the radar was saying . I truly believe that because they forecast this yesterday to hit west midlands they kept the westerly bias . Surely these important broadcast sites should update more regulary and start to use nowcast. Ime sure there will be many people caught out by this , who rely upon the bbc forecast.

Posted

I must say TEITS nailed it again. I don't bother with forecasts I just read what Dave has to say. well done Dave.

Posted

metoffice has just extended the warning to cover more of the southeast.......

That reminds me, I must go and shut the stable door....

Posted

You said I'd feel very confident if I was you, W09. Where's my 10cm, KW? You got my hopes up... that's just cruel. I have feelings y'know.

But, yeah... NAE does seem to have a west bias...

:lol:

I honestly thought that with the GFS coming onboard it would happen, but the models did a shocking job, especially further east...

Posted

Yes far more in west still getting a pasting here for my birthday nice

Posted

Should have heeded TEITS's call. No-one knew this would happen but him. He foresaw the events that are unfolding before our very eyes

And they shall call him...Lord TEITS.

I feel like a prophet you forwarned of model disaster but decided to ignore his own gut instinct...ah well you win some you lose some...

TEITS guessed it right yesterday , part skill , and lot of luck , what i cant workout is that even at 6pm today , nowcast the bbc and met still ignored

all the signals that were showing from the radars , and lots of people on this site started to question their westerly bias . Hopefully there will be a serious look at

how the bbc and met office seem obsessed with their model output when they are so obviously wrong , and then a re so reluctant to update when proved wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Blimey the crawly bum licking going on in here is making me nauseous :bad:

Well, very poor for the west midlands I'm afraid with steady light rain for most of the afternoon with 5 mins of freezing rain....Mr Ian Brown would be proud...lol