Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

As said in previous thread:

About 5cm laying here, very fine snow, dissapointed that the heavy stuff has fizzled out so much over the midlands.

AT Pixel Precipitation

lovely..

(-;

post-884-0-94768600-1328391617_thumb.jpg

red is white (snow) btw

blue (rain) turns red believe me

This must be a pretty old radar image as precip has virtually cleared Wales now, what time is that taken at?

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Looking at the latest radar NW London seems to be the favourable spot with Watford at the center. Precip seem to be realy beefing up to the NW of Oxford.

Posted

About an inch or so here in Rickmansworth, chucking it down now, stil smaliish flakes. Daughter can't sleep because she is so excited, we usually do quite well with snow, but forecasts for here are dire, probably because there isn't a weather station very near.

Posted

2 inches so far on Norfolk/ Cambridgeshire border near Wisbech.

Its amazing how fast it has built up as its only small flakes that are falling. Time for me to go out in it now complete with a few shovels for the morning!!.... Have a good night

Posted

Looking at the latest radar NW London seems to be the favourable spot with Watford at the center. Precip seem to be realy beefing up to the NW of Oxford.

I live in Croxley too but snow is really disappointing, I've got 2cm in garden at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread everyone:It's going to be a long night :help:

This is where you can talk about local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out and what you intend doing with your snow now it's here.

This is thread is geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and discuss the weather within our region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts so please don’t be shy! :gathering:

Just a quick reminder to new members, or those who haven't yet done so to please put your location in your profile. You can do this by clicking on your profile (top right hand corner), then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save! :good:

Thanks and hope you all enjoy the snow - MKsnowangel :angel:

Posted

Still throwing it down here.

One thing I will say is don't assume small flakes equals light snow and large flakes equals heavy snow. The size of the flakes is because there are many different types of snowflake and the differences is caused by conditions i.e dewpoints, upper temps etc.

The progress E of this snow should become slower shortly.

Posted

its snowing harder in borehamwood (close to watford) still not big flakes, but bigger than they were. 3 cm laying snow on the decking.

Posted

Faily small flakes in Godmanchester but is building up having been snowing on and off four five hours

It's more like heavy drizzle but is giving a good cover

Cannot tell roads from kerbs now and the traffic being diverted from the A14 for roadworks (which is normally busy) has vanished

Have enjoyed watching the seagulls and ducks slipping and sliding over the iced up River Ouse today, out of the window. Now watching the snow build up on the few ice-flows left after most melted during the day

Hoping to get some of TEITS' snow as I work in Peterborough all week. Why couldn't htat have happemned yesterday!

Posted

Hope we get some larger flakes soon (I like em ), would say i have around 2 inches of snow, its all been what I call snizzle :D

keeping my fingers crossed for a dumping but doubtfull ......

Edited by Slinky

Posted

Still throwing it down here.

One thing I will say is don't assume small flakes equals light snow and large flakes equals heavy snow. The size of the flakes is because there are many different types of snowflake and the differences is caused by conditions i.e dewpoints, upper temps etc.

The progress E of this snow should become slower shortly.

So how long do you expect the snow to keep falling in Peterborough and Cambs if you dont mind me asking? Sorry to be a pain, just wondering as it all seems to be dying and moving quite quickly. Cant see it sticking around till the early hours like it was previously predicted. Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

As said in previous thread:

About 5cm laying here, very fine snow, dissapointed that the heavy stuff has fizzled out so much over the midlands.

AT Pixel Precipitation

This must be a pretty old radar image as precip has virtually cleared Wales now, what time is that taken at?

yes you're right it was earlier - sorry :oops: grabbed the wrong image

here for the latest:

raintoday.co.uk

still looking very positive..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Really coming down in Norwich. It hit me on the way to work around the Acle area at 9:40ish, It will imminently be hitting the far eastern coast!

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted

Cambridge getting a decent pasting at the moment and looking like it will continue for a good while yet :)

Posted

yes you're right it was earlier - sorry :oops: grabbed the wrong image

here for the latest:

raintoday.co.uk

still looking very positive..

No worries, just wanted to clarify as it looked a bit odd.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Pretty heavy here now, but still only very small flakes. Starting to get that "icing sugar" dusting on the roads though!

Posted

Really coming down in Norwich. It hit me on the way to work around the Acle area at 9:40ish, It will imminently be hitting the far eastern coast!

Not it isnt. Dandruff.