Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here we go….a nice new thread to discuss the prospects for the weekend and beyond !

the previous one can be found here.... http://forum.netweat...cussion-thread/

Welcome to the new thread everyone:

These regional threads have been set up to, talk about local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out and what you intend doing with your snow when it gets there, they are geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and discuss the weather within the region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts so please don’t just lurk!

Finally, a quick reminder to new members, or those who haven't yet done so to please put your location in your profile. You can do this by clicking on your profile (top right hand corner), then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save!

Thanks and good luck to you all - MKsnowangel :angel:

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Still bitterly cold this morning, currently -4.8C. Should imagine ponds and lakes around here have a good layer of ice on them!

Posted

im ready now on snow watch for the weekend!!!

i spade +3 bags

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

-4 c in Stortford. GFS 'predicting' around 17 mm precip from the front (I think it won't be so much), but that would give 22 cm snow at the predicted dewpoints.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

im ready now on snow watch for the weekend!!!

i spade +3 bags

No i think there is something your missing.???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Just back home after my morning stroll along the beach. Clear blue skies as far as the eye can see. Wind direction has completly changed and is now a westerly. So the sea is much calmer. Temperature 0c. Latest forecast for my area is light snow flurries on Saturday night. Rain on Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

coldest morning so far, -6c in northampton. feels bitterly cold. surprising though as there was more cloud this morning which i would have thought would have raised the temps a bit, but obviously not. looking forward to the weekends snow event. lets just hope it doesn't turn to sleety rain though.

Posted

I

Just a quickie, the NAE has really upgraded the threat on its 06z run for you guys with another pluse developing along the front. This peps up snow amxounts. IF the 06z was right EA would likely have widely 15-20cms...

KW. God i wish it wasn,t the 06z still you never know. I think in general we could all do well if upgrades continue. Met office must be pulling there hair out as its so volatile and variable. still radar and lamp post's nothing like being on the front line.

SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

nothing like being on the front line.

.....especially if it's a snowy battlefront!

post-10773-0-54518900-1328263400_thumb.j

this would do nicely....

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/02/03/basis00/ukuk/prty/12020500_0300.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

But remember, if precip intensity is being increased on the front, temperatures will rise making it more likely that it will be rain-snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Just a quickie, the NAE has really upgraded the threat on its 06z run for you guys with another pluse developing along the front. This peps up snow amxounts. IF the 06z was right EA would likely have widely 15-20cms...

Agreed, but even if its all a tad further then region still looks likely to see 10cm in my opinion, which does me! I will be at my other half's this weekend in Norfolk, not Ipswich, but am very excited for our regions prospects! Pretty much every model/run has shown a fairly prolonged fall of snow for most of EA. Slight westward shift can be expected but not drastically enough to leave us dry!

But remember, if precip intensity is being increased on the front, temperatures will rise making it more likely that it will be rain-snow.

Luckily EA/SE stay in the cold enough air for this not to be the case... even on the 6z, any further shifts east and we should worry. That said I expect the opposite by the time the front arrives.

Posted

Not liking the 6Z gfs for here, more borderline,think the higher ground in west essex and west norfolk and suffolk will do well, up to 6ins with prob 12hours nearly non stop snow sat night, sunday.

Posted

Not liking the 6Z gfs for here, more borderline,think the higher ground in west essex and west norfolk and suffolk will do well, up to 6ins with prob 12hours nearly non stop snow sat night, sunday.

Erm...6z still keeps it as an all snow event for whole region??? no high ground needed. Earlier models all suggested everything a tad further west which made it even less marginal, and i expect 12z and 18z and 00zz to show this also. Its places MUCH further west (of London say) that need to worry, but later runs will improve for them also I reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.
Posted · Hidden by A.J, February 3, 2012 - pointless scaremongering
Hidden by A.J, February 3, 2012 - pointless scaremongering

If that front moves any further east I would hate to think what the mood will be like on netweather. After all this build up and the only place to see significant snowfall was the North Sea. Start praying.

Posted

Erm...6z still keeps it as an all snow event for whole region??? no high ground needed. Earlier models all suggested everything a tad further west which made it even less marginal, and i expect 12z and 18z and 00zz to show this also. Its places MUCH further west (of London say) that need to worry, but later runs will improve for them also I reckon.

i must say i love your positive attitude and your prediction that the models will shift a little further west. i really hope you're right.

Posted

Agreed, but even if its all a tad further then region still looks likely to see 10cm in my opinion, which does me! I will be at my other half's this weekend in Norfolk, not Ipswich, but am very excited for our regions prospects! Pretty much every model/run has shown a fairly prolonged fall of snow for most of EA. Slight westward shift can be expected but not drastically enough to leave us dry!

Luckily EA/SE stay in the cold enough air for this not to be the case... even on the 6z, any further shifts east and we should worry. That said I expect the opposite by the time the front arrives.

Not for those in the far west of the region.

We have at least 24 hours yet. Could be some interest later. I would not worry to much at the moment about areas. So much can change,upgrade etc. Lets see what happens as the front approaches on radar,You know where you are then.

SL

Posted

Apologies Lancs, you are right I was talking about EA as a region, as this is where essex coast matt lives also.

i must say i love your positive attitude and your prediction that the models will shift a little further west. i really hope you're right.

Not just me, Steve, KW and TEITS all agree things will shift further west ppn wise - not drastically, but back ton the earlier run's predictions and enough to make a difference for WHOLE region, including further west.

As TEITS pointed out, 6z yesterday shunted things East only for later runs to revert furtehr West again. All eyes on 12z!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Apologies Lancs, you are right I was talking about EA as a region, as this is where essex coast matt lives also.

I luv snow, no need for Apologies :good: Like i keep saying, i have one foot in the Mids region and one foot in this region. the way things are looking, rain in my front garden and snow in the back. Lets hope for a slight westward shift .....

Posted

northamptonshire is a bit of a no mans land really. it is caught between east midlands/east anglia/south east. Where exactly are we?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

For US the 0z gfs seems to have gradually brought an event forward to the 5th Feb over the last week - IMHO it's been pretty consistant indicating that something IS going to happen. WHERE exactly and at WHAT TIME was always debatable... but if you are a glass half full type of person then it is going to snow in our region. ;)

I feel for the folk in other parts of the country as these snaps haven't been as kind in their consistency for the weekend.

check here

http://www.meteociel...6&code=0&mode=2

or here: http://www.netweathe...tion=nwdc;sess=

for the 12z when it comes out after 3:30pm some say the 12z is the most reliable of all the GFS outputs but I have found the 0z just as good - probably because it's shown snow for quite a while :D How much is the fun bit !

It's been sooo quiet in here compared to some other threads - I'm sure there are more excited folk in this region..

Edited by Pixel Precipitation