Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok folks, a squeaky clean thread just in time for the evening rush hour........ :)

Previous thread here -----------------> http://forum.netweat...d/page__st__600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Maybe on Saturday evening we could get those Christmas songs out that just didnt match a month or so ago when all was mild and green. :D :lol:

Posted

Maybe on Saturday evening we could get those Christmas songs out that just didnt match a month or so ago when all was mild and green. :D :lol:

Well according to Catholic online the 4th of Feb is the feast day of St Theophilus the Penitent, I'm sure you could squeeze that into Good King Wenceslas :smilz38:

Apparently he made a pact with the devil, I wonder if any Midlanders have been doing the same in order to take down their snowshields :diablo:

Posted

Do you reckon that we'll get snow on the A449 corridor on Saturday/ Sunday Blizzards? I'm about 6 miles out of Wolverhampton in Lower Penn

near Wombourne.

Posted

Do you reckon that we'll get snow on the A449 corridor on Saturday/ Sunday Blizzards? I'm about 6 miles out of Wolverhampton in Lower Penn

near Wombourne.

You're lucky Mr Brown in not about.... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

near Wombourne.

Yep. At the worst (Given it wont be an all rain event which looks very unlikely now) it will be a good period of snow followed by some rain/sleet but given latest trends there is increasing potential and confidence in an all snow event pretty much for about 4-8cm id say. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Looking nice and cool this evening. Down to -1.5c in the garden at 18z and +2.7c in my bedroom - if it gets much colder I might have to start thinking about closing the window!

Posted

You're lucky Mr Brown in not about.... :rofl:

Snow for all except Staffordshire as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep. At the worst (Given it wont be an all rain event which looks very unlikely now) it will be a good period of snow followed by some rain/sleet but given latest trends there is increasing potential and confidence in an all snow event pretty much for about 4-8cm id say. :)

looking good for coventry to?

Posted

It is currently shown on a weather radar I'm looking at as snowing around the East Midlands area, it seems to have reached Northampton. Towards Bedford further away, it's showing the snow as being very heavy. Interesting... Could it surprisingly go further West ? One to keep an eye on I think for this evening...

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

It looks good for Coventry as I said on the previous thread but we'll just have to see as we go towards the more reliable timeframe. It may not be clear cut until we are very very near T0.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

It is currently snowing being shown on a weather radar I'm looking at around the East Midlands area, it seems to have reached Northampton. Towards Bedford further away, it's showing the snow as being very heavy. Interesting... Could it surprisingly go further West ? One to keep an eye on I think for this evening...

Thats anaprop and a fault. So basically theres nothing really there.

Coventry is potentially one of the best places to be thus far imo!

And Shropshire! :lol:

Oooohh I think 0.1cm can be squeezed for Shropshire. However for IB County... no chance at all. :lol:

Posted

It is currently shown on a weather radar I'm looking at as snowing around the East Midlands area, it seems to have reached Northampton. Towards Bedford further away, it's showing the snow as being very heavy. Interesting... Could it surprisingly go further West ? One to keep an eye on I think for this evening...

Anaprop...ignore it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

he would say, starting as rain in Staffs and Shrops, and staying as rain, and all snow elsewhere, surprised he dosent rejoin under another email address under melanie, heard he was banned

Posted

Anaprop...ignore it.

Yes, I thought so since something like that was not forecast at all (hence why I was surprised and posted it originally). I'm sure a lot of people will not want that to happen to the radars on Saturday/Sunday, therefore hopefully the radars will work properly then.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

he would say, starting as rain in Staffs and Shrops, and staying as rain, and all snow elsewhere, surprised he dosent rejoin under another email address under melanie, heard he was banned

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But thats what IB would say in all seriousness. Even in the most obviosu situations that Staffs would get snow it would be said you lot would get none.

Posted

Latest fax charts looking really good. Nice front over us at midnight Sunday and compared to the 00z as you can see the front has been pushed back even further west. Maybe its a bit delayed but to me it looks like the situation is even more favourable for us now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But thats what IB would say in all seriousness. Even in the most obviosu situations that Staffs would get snow it would be said you lot would get none.

LOL this has made me chuckle.....mainly because it's so sad and true, it's funny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

TBH he's probably exhausted all possible IP addresses

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Latest fax charts looking really good. Nice front over us at midnight Sunday and compared to the 00z as you can see the front has been pushed back even further west. Maybe its a bit delayed but to me it looks like the situation is even more favourable for us now.

being greedy but dont want it delayed, daylight snow way more effective,