Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Covered Lake District Mountains

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Though I'd have a run out with my camera and get some shots this afternoon, a stunning Winters day here in the Lakes. :)

post-9615-0-70324400-1324223028_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-97820200-1324223077_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-32398900-1324223145_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-27238500-1324223245_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-19755400-1324223320_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-90525300-1324223456_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-41678400-1324223505_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

love the photos Liam. we can see your beautiful mountains from over here. i exclaimed when i saw them from the road coming down Richmond Hill, Braddan. awesome white against the blue sky. we only have a skittering across the tops and some wet snow at lower levels in the central belt from that Cheshire streamer last night. stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

love the photos Liam. we can see your beautiful mountains from over here. i exclaimed when i saw them from the road coming down Richmond Hill, Braddan. awesome white against the blue sky. we only have a skittering across the tops and some wet snow at lower levels in the central belt from that Cheshire streamer last night. stay safe.

Thanks spiritedstream, yes they did look stunning today against the clear blue skies, a real wintry looking scene. I did notice the lack of snow over the IOM and normally snaefell is covered on the top at least during this kind of set up, plenty of time for that!

I've always wondered how Cumbria looks from the IOM, do you have any pics by any chance? :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

sorry no pictures this time. i havent got a SLR camera which probably get the resolutiion better. your mountains are so far away that they just look like the sky on pictures taken with a 9mp compact. sorry.

stay safe

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2