Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

You must have been hit hard during winter 2013-2014:(

It's Wales - we're used to the rain! Although it was harsh, 2012 was the standout for me as the summer was a washout. What I've noticed is that October is producing fine weather and instead of snow we're getting more Atlantic storms. Again, apologies to all who have more credibility than me. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nick L said:

That winter should be put in the swear filter.

Hi Nick, 

Any observations on that article, I trust the G and thought it was worth posting and getting input from the community - big wave to Lassie :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, Alicol said:

It's Wales - we're used to the rain! Although it was harsh, 2012 was the standout for me as the summer was a washout. What I've noticed is that October is producing fine weather and instead of snow we're getting more Atlantic storms. Again, apologies to all who have more credibility than me. 

October is a summer month down here now, the Guardian is more level headed than the Express when it comes to weather articles lol

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It was a non stop horror show

It was as Cardiff hosted a few Olympic sessions - trains couldn't run (there was a landslide), rain caused loads of problems for play etc. Though as you've said weather is becoming more unexpected and I don't believe that there's any interest from the government in responding to experts instead the blame game just gets passed around

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Alicol said:

It was as Cardiff hosted a few Olympic sessions - trains couldn't run (there was a landslide), rain caused loads of problems for play etc. Though as you've said weather is becoming more unexpected and I don't believe that there's any interest from the government in responding to experts instead the blame game just gets passed around

I remember the Olympic year here in London, the beach volley ball players were all wrapped up from the cold.

• Like 1

Posted

October is a summer month down here now, the Guardian is more level headed than the Express when it comes to weather articles lol

Sorry Lassie - a few problems trying to reply back. Yes I think the G does research its articles as Monbiot did when he outed Powell. As for Mr Rao, his predictions are absurd, why there aren't more complaints I have no idea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
On 20/09/2016 at 23:05, Nick L said:

'I remember the Olympic year here in London, the beach volley ball players were all wrapped up from the cold.'

Aye, but at least the Royal Family all got wet!:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I remember the Olympic year here in London, the beach volley ball players were all wrapped up from the cold.

I just remember the rain which didn't let up. And I think that's what struck me about the article - is the Environment agency being proactive, are councils in red areas being warned, are people aware? I've only experienced one incident of flooding which was hideous, but minor when compared to some news reports. I appreciate that forecasting in advance isn't heeded but I have concerns that information isn't cascaded, people affected aren't advised and consequently they're left to suffer whilst the rest of the world moves on.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Alicol said:

Sorry Lassie - a few problems trying to reply back. Yes I think the G does research its articles as Monbiot did when he outed Powell. As for Mr Rao, his predictions are absurd, why there aren't more complaints I have no idea

Lol, was wondering why your post was blank. Rao just goes for shock value headlines backed up by no facts and his source is Madden mostly, which says everything really.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

Lol, was wondering why your post was blank. Rao just goes for shock value headlines backed up by no facts and his source is Madden mostly, which says everything really.

He must be desperate for the money. Click bait headlines are absurd and when proven wrong only give way to complacency. The problem is when the Express does provide an accurate report which will be ignored and put people at risk.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Alicol said:

He must be desperate for the money. Click bait headlines are absurd and when proven wrong only give way to complacency. The problem is when the Express does provide an accurate report which will be ignored and put people at risk.

That is the problem, the Express has been wrong so often, it will eventually get ignored and if it does one day print facts, they will get ignored too, their own fault.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That is the problem, the Express has been wrong so often, it will eventually get ignored .

It's the 'stopped clock principle' - eventually they'll get it right but the damage done? I prefer science and verfied experts, not hysterical headlines. Any information on the weather I get here, and nowhere else :)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Alicol said:

It's the 'stopped clock principle' - eventually they'll get it right but the damage done? I prefer science and verfied experts, not hysterical headlines. Any information on the weather I get here, and nowhere else :)

You might also like Simon Keelings website, but you have to pay now:(

• Like 1

Posted

Rao gets his annual number of snow-days from his dartboard...ONE HUNDREEEED!:D

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

You might also like Simon Keelings website, but you have to pay now:(

Thank you for that and I'll check it out :) Appreciate the link 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Alicol said:

Why - just why is allowed to publish this crap?

That, I guess, is the price we all have to pay for a 'free' press; and, I'm in no way certain that it's a price worth paying!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Alicol said:

Why - just why is allowed to publish this crap?

If anyone was wrong as often as he is, in their workplace, they would get a size 12 boot up the weeble.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

That winter should be put in the swear filter.

Yet as soon as Spring arrived we ended up with blizzards and drifts up to the window sills round here!

Posted
24 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

That, I guess, is the price we all have to pay for a 'free' press; and, I'm in no way certain that it's a price worth paying!

I suppose that price is what you base your freedom to be set at. If it's on supposition and conjecture they must be raking it in

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

If anyone was wrong as often as he is, in their workplace, they would get a size 12 boot up the weeble.

I worry because of who might actually buy into it. Some might be overly concerned others dismissive, either way I'd support some form of investigation as to how they view their business model and the vulnerable they appear to be targeting.

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I read the article unfortunately,  surprised to see Matt Hugo give them an interview. 

He didn't, they've pulled that from his tweets and from an article he wrote for TWO back in June!

I've just written a blog about the Freezing winter stories

SHOCK NEWS - The Freezing Winter Headlines Are Earlier This Year

Posted
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

He didn't, they've pulled that from his tweets and from an article he wrote for TWO back in June!

I've just written a blog about the Freezing winter stories

SHOCK NEWS - The Freezing Winter Headlines Are Earlier This Year

It's funny seeing all the headlines together like that in your blog, all very similar and all VERY off the mark.

• Like 1