Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

Hi Guys

Ive just signed up to tour 3. This is my first time storm chasing but its something I've considered for years.I'm flying out on the BA 11.45 LHR flight on the 19th .

Also booked to stay at the Best western for the night.

look forward to meeting you all and having a few beers.

Rob

Edited by boomerang

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Hi Rob,

I went last year and even though I didn't see any tornados, I loved every minute of it!

The excitement builds from the moment Paul takes over as lead vehicle - the chase is really on then!

Have fun.

Ed

Posted

Hi Guys

Ive just signed up to tour 3. This is my first time storm chasing but its something I've considered for years.I'm flying out on the BA 11.45 LHR flight on the 19th .

Rob

Welcome on board for the ride of your life

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

N1 Rob

As others have said you will not regret it, an amazing experience and I hope me and the guys can make it nice and easy and I promise I wont S**t you up too much, although you have picked a great trip to go on with that one having about 15 HIGH Risks in the last 8 years help.gifhelp.gifrofl.gif

Oops he might back out now Lol

Posted

Hi all

i found this video on stormtrack a sligthly diffrent take on stormchasing?

those of us that have been before will know some of theses characters.

enjoy

paul

Loved it. Great video

Posted

Hi Guys

Rob

welcome aboard, will see u on that tour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

N1 Rob

As others have said you will not regret it, an amazing experience and I hope me and the guys can make it nice and easy and I promise I wont S**t you up too much, although you have picked a great trip to go on with that one having about 15 HIGH Risks in the last 8 years help.gifhelp.gifrofl.gif

Oops he might back out now Lol

I want you to sh*t me up!

Posted

I did hear on the Grapevine Gail that we are going to be blessed with an Aussie next year, Great Stuff but make sure you dont drink us all under the table!

It will come around quickly enough and make sure you watch all the streaming this year when it is decent enough, really gives you a great feel for what to expect on the chases, and no worries I am sure the guys will look after you, just ask Tammy, when she came in 2009 she felt like she had 6 Body Guards protecting her (Well Ian anyway who is like a Huuuuge Bouncer)

Posted

Hi Guys

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm on that flight so hope to meet you at heathrow for a few beers. I like a few beers. drinks.gif

Paul, TSFM thanks for that video. Was excellent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

Hi guys, have just received my final info pack before I head off with Tim also from Bristol next Wednesday. Its all becoming a bit scary but my adrenaline is starting to pump already....I wonder what state i'll be in if a tornado appears!! Maybe Kansas lol. I might look at the forcast before we go, but maybe some suspense will be good :-) Cheers guys for all your posts on here, it's great to know a bit more about what to expect before going out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hi Guys

Rob

Rob, you picked a great Tour to go on, great storm potential and lots of banter as well! Have a good'un! Ah to do more than 1 tour a year thats the dream!

Hi guys, have just received my final info pack before I head off with Tim also from Bristol next Wednesday. Its all becoming a bit scary but my adrenaline is starting to pump already....I wonder what state i'll be in if a tornado appears!! Maybe Kansas lol. I might look at the forcast before we go, but maybe some suspense will be good :-) Cheers guys for all your posts on here, it's great to know a bit more about what to expect before going out.

Glad you guys are looking forward to it! For no reason other than a guess I am going to say your first nado will be in Oklahoma! See you guys in Dallas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Guys

Rob

Well Rob we are nearly all on that flight and in Dallas there will be bus load from the airport to the hotel

so we will need to link up at LHR .

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Hope you have a great time, and save a few for the tour coming behind you ;)

Posted

how many are on that then?

i have lost count but you , me , Rob, John for starters . Thats 4 but please shout up all the others

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

i have lost count but you , me , Rob, John for starters . Thats 4 but please shout up all the others

Tom

Count me in for that flight as well...

Dan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

I've decided on a hotel for the first night in Denver for those arriving a day early who want to stay in the same place -

Baymont Inn and Suites Denver International Airport

2.5 stars

6805 N. Argonne Street, Denver, CO, 80249 United States

It's got decent reviews, and has an airport shuttle too. Room costs are around £47 a night

Ian

Posted

I've decided on a hotel for the first night in Denver for those arriving a day early who want to stay in the same place -

2.5 stars

It's got decent reviews, and has an airport shuttle too. Room costs are around £47 a night

Ian

But more importantly a free hot breakfast! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Scones and hot white gravy..... I think they may have another name for it though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Tom

I'm booked on that flight.. i'm pretty much ready now

Posted

2.5 stars

Ian

So booked ours as we arriving a day early (wedding anniversaryclapping.gif ) So we will see you there.

Given the time of the BA flights into Denver, am I right in assuming the first night will be at the hotel and not trying to get into the chase area, I think the flight lands around 6:30ish with customs and luggage + shuttle that means arrival at the hotel by about 8:30-9:00pm local time

Posted

Now added Dan & Steve   so 6 ATM  I hope John has his phone so we can phone the hotel to request they send the free bus.   John I will get the phone number to bring.

Tom