Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Weather Chat

Coast

Posted

Please continue the general weather conversation here

Posted

Lovely sunny start to the day here again, the breeze is strong but not as strong as last night, can see the cloud over Wales to the south west though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'll post the statistics later but just wanted to say that this April has been truly exceptional.

There have been only 3 Mays in the last 35 years here which were warmer than April 2011 and the mean max' of 15.1c was 1.2c higher than, what I thought was the unassailable, April of 2007.

Posted

April finished on 9.2mm here (including any dew or frost melt) Grass beginning to turn brown in some places now. Yesterday there was a thunderstorm and a few heavy showers with a few rumbles just to my north, the road was wet at a village I cycled to 1 mile to my north but it was dry here. We had a short heavy shower afterwards giving 0.4mm.

The mean max here was 17.4C, about 5C above average!

Currently dry and mostly cloudy with mid and high level cloud, some large bubbly altocumulus earlier that almost looked 'shower producing size'. Temp is currently 16.6C.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Warm and Sunny and very strong breeze which isn't cold. The main part is the very dry air just 26% humidity and a dew point of -2.1C

Posted

Another clear and sunny day without a cloud in the sky. Slightly warmer than recent days with a maximum temperature of 14.4C, but theres still quite a strong easterly wind.

Currently 13.9C and 63% humidity. The Min temp last night was 8.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Been cloudy and windy all day here with a moderate gusty easterly wind. Temp not too bad though at 18.8C, just wish we would get some good rainfall as we had maybe 1-2mm of rain last month and that was it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

This is static electricity building weather, low humidity and windy, car doors ,or pets can give a static shock..

Edited by Sprites

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Warm and windy with hazy sun. 21c. Although way above the seasonal normal today that wind has an edge to it. Guess we are getting too used to this fabulous weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whilst its breezy the wind isnt cold at all and quite pleasant actually. Temperature of 19c and humidity at 19% !!!

Posted

There must be a risk of moorland fires with the ground already bone dry and this strong easterly with very little moisture drying the ground out even further. I seem to remember there were some issues with them during April 2003 during another very dry spring, I guess people out walking will have to be very careful at the moment.

Posted

I perhaps tempted fate- spending the weekend in Manchester and I can actually see a big cloud of smoke drifting over from the Pennines right now. Slight smell of burning in the air.

Posted

High of 19.5c and gorgeously sunshine all day, just starting to look cloudy now from the south but returned back inside as had enough sun for one day :lol:

Posted

Another smashing spring day - seem to be repeating myself here. Blue skies, no cloud to speak of, wall to wall sunshine and pleasant temps of 16 degrees but with a keen easterly wind which is making it feel particularly fresh.

Humidity is very low though so it feels preety comfortable.

I went walking the central fells yesterday - a superb picture but the wind made for a raw feel on the tops.

The past few weeks are making up for the past four relatively poor summers it seems! I keep forgetting it is only the 1st May it feels like it should be the start of July given the glorious weather of recent weeks.. everything is so advanced it seems, the rivers and lakes are very low, the trees are preety much all green.. if we see a continuation in the very dry weather - it will be a very early autumn with the leaves forced to conserve energy and wilt and wither very quickly, but it is very early days yet and things can change quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

22.5C today, with a warm dessicating type wind. Humidity of 23%!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The Humidity fell as low as 17% here. Exceptionally low especially for this country. Has to be the lowest for some time. Tomorrow could see similar Humidity values.

A strong wind here but a warm one. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Scorcher that doesn`t sound good.

Strong east wind and sun all the way only some high thin cloud,air is very clear at last.

Ground is burning now grass seems to of slowed alot.

18.8c max

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

There's a thin line of heavy showers continually tracking over the same area on the W. Dorset coast and into E Devon, right where I've just come back from visiting family. It had started raining quite heavy when we left, and they must have had over 1 hour 30 mins of heavy rain now, While 2 miles either side is virtually dry! They had heavy downpours yesterday, they could share it a bit more lol we need the rain!

Posted

There must be a risk of moorland fires with the ground already bone dry and this strong easterly with very little moisture drying the ground out even further. I seem to remember there were some issues with them during April 2003 during another very dry spring, I guess people out walking will have to be very careful at the moment.

Several fires in parts of Ireland that would normally be far too wet to burn:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0501/breaking15.html

while Lancashire is burning for the third day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-13252340

Posted

Those are gorse fires in Ireland when they start going up in flames they go up fast,no stopping them.

Forest fires in Wales 40 acres this isn`t good at all,a combination of very dry air and strong east winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Once again it's dry, sunny and windy although, as yet, not as windy as yesterday. As much dust blowing about as in the average Algerian souk and today looks almost certain to be the 28th consecutive day with no measurable rainfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dry Sunny increasing breeze again. The air very dry so rapid dry with the washing the morning. Feels warmer than the 13.3C that the weather station is showing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Another bone dry, very gusty day...TBH, I can't recall such a prolonged easterly breeze in these parts (I've lived here 4 years)..It's been blowing now for about 5 days (I think)....Just cut the grass, which probably wasn't a good idea in this wind, as all I've acheived is to blow a cloud of dust & pollen into the house :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Today was meant to be chilly wasn't it? yet i'm allready at 17.3C with a humidity of just 31% and mostly sunny skies, crazy stuff! stiff ENE breeze though.