Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Slightly Less Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Cookie

Posted

Damian you said

"Mmmm the upcoming days hardly spell mild weather looming, quite the contrary we are entering a cold spell of weather. BBC predicting widespread maxes of 2-3 degrees at best on Thurs and Fri

We have high pressure situated over wales, bringing very mild unseasonable temperatures back down to their normal values. And because we have high pressure temporarily sitting over us, at night temps will naturally sink below zero. The BBC haha is all I can say to them.

Anways 6/7C is the normal average January temperature, along with overnight frosts, still looks dry over the weekend. But night time temps are not that super cold -1 / -3C across the region, maybe -5C in hollows but thats the exception rather than the rule. By the coasts it could even crack 8/9C, further inland I just don't see cold enough air to reduce temps down to the values the BBC are talking about. The other thing to watch out for is cloud and rain mixed in with this high pressure system.

Temp now 6.7C - Rising slowly

Low Temp -1.3C

DP 4.8C - Rising slowly

Humidity 94% - Rising

Wind: WSW

Pressure 1034.8hPa - Steady

Precip 5.8mm - since midnight

Today's Metar - Liverpool Airport

Day of month: 19

Time: 10:57 UTC

Wind: True direction = 300 degrees, Speed: 6 knots

Visibility: 10 km or more

Clouds: A few , at 1500 feet above aerodrome level

The following weather phenomena are expected to arise soon:

Visibility: 6000 m

Clouds: Broken sky , at 500 feet above aerodrome level

The following weather phenomena are expected to arise temporarily:

Visibility: 1400 m

Weather: Mist

Clouds: Broken sky , at 200 feet above aerodrome level

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Really foggy out there this morning!

Unsure of the temperature, can't be bothered to move. Probably -1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A very cold night, -5.5c the low currently -4.6c and shap in cumbria -8c :cold:

colder than expected for sure.

Posted

Foggy. Everywhere frozen. Hovering @ 0C atm.

-2.3C was the unexpected minimum. Looks like there may of been some freezing rain at some point throughout the night.

Either that or the moisture from the fog has just frozen on impact with the already below 0 ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temp seems to have maxed out at 0.0c strange inland its 2/3c and coasts around freezing... fog rolling inland off the sea aswell now and again

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

the fog is only just starting to lift here and the temps have not got above -1 ,looks like more fog and low temps for tonight .

Posted

A very unexpected maximum of 1.4C. I really didn't think this fog would linger all day!

Down now to 0.7C, if this fog buggers off, -5C will be on the cards I imagine.

A low last night of -2.3C.

Posted

Seriously considering quitting this forum now.

Every post I make just gets negative rep, I asked a question and got a load of negative rep just for no reason. It's obvious I am not wanted here. So you won't be seeing me around any more.

Last update:

0.3C under thick fog.

Bye.

Posted

BT

If you click on the number and not the plus or minus you can see who is giving you the Negative Rep points, I would not take any notice of it anyway as these people will give you negative rep points just becuase you are kicking up a fuss now anyway :lol:

Maybe if it is worrying you so much you can Pm them and ask them why ??

Paul S

Posted

BT

If you click on the number and not the plus or minus you can see who is giving you the Negative Rep points, I would not take any notice of it anyway as these people will give you negative rep points just becuase you are kicking up a fuss now anyway :lol:

Maybe if it is worrying you so much you can Pm them and ask them why ??

Paul S

I can't click it.

You're a mod, that's probably why,

Can you PM me who's taking the micky out of me?

Posted

I can't click it.

You're a mod, that's probably why,

Dont let it worry you, the more you kick up a fuss the more people will negative rep you, it is human nature on Forums for people to wind you up. People who say what everyone wants to hear will get massive Rep points, whereas for Instance if someone said the rest of winter will have a Bartlett High will get Negative, Winter is a time when most people on these forums are looking for Snow :good:

Just take a step back for a few days if it is bothering you that much.

Posted

Dont let it worry you, the more you kick up a fuss the more people will negative rep you, it is human nature on Forums for people to wind you up. People who say what everyone wants to hear will get massive Rep points, whereas for Instance if someone said the rest of winter will have a Bartlett High will get Negative, Winter is a time when most people on these forums are looking for Snow :good:

Just take a step back for a few days if it is bothering you that much.

OK. Thanks.

Guess I just wont post for a while except from in my daily forecast thread.

Cheers. :)

Posted
It might be quicker if we just tell you who isn't? Instead of telling everyone they're wrong for voting against you, how about changing your style of posting? I'm not saying you're right to be voted down, but perhaps it's worth a thought?

Cold here...already -3.7º.

Posted

It might be quicker if we just tell you who isn't? Instead of telling everyone they're wrong for voting against you, how about changing your style of posting? I'm not saying you're right to be voted down, but perhaps it's worth a thought?

Cold here...already -3.7º.

My style of posting?

I took a lot of time posting my daily weather forecast, backed it up with charts and everything, and it still got negative rep.

I don't want popularity, only the right for my opinion to be respected after the effort I put into it.

Posted

My style of posting?

I took a lot of time posting my daily weather forecast, backed it up with charts and everything, and it still got negative rep.

I don't want popularity, only the right for my opinion to be respected after the effort I put into it.

Unless you forecast a deep freeze around the corner (without charts to back it up) then effort won't be recognised regardless of the quality of the post!

The fog is back here in Preston, and its freezing fog too.

Posted

Every post I make just gets negative rep, I asked a question and got a load of negative rep just for no reason. It's obvious I am not wanted here. So you won't be seeing me around any more.

Last update:

0.3C under thick fog.

Bye.

You have a + from me.

Posted

very chilly here only reached 4c here today now its -2c what temps do you think it might get down to tonight?

a thick frost this morning covered everything thought it had snowed at one point as i looked out of the window with my blurry tired eyes.

Edited by wheresmysnow

Posted

Last update:

0.3C under thick fog.

Bye.

It could be worse...you could be Ian Brown. Now that guy gets some negative points and doesn't moan as much as you. Seriously,if your gonna leave because someone has given you a negative rep then you might as well leave. WTF is wrong with you? I have enjoyed your rants in December but lately you turned into a right little old woman.

BTW,i haven't given you any negative points nor do i really care if i get any or not.

*Stamps feet*

Edited by Never snows where i live

Posted

Unless you forecast a deep freeze around the corner (without charts to back it up) then effort won't be recognised regardless of the quality of the post!

The fog is back here in Preston, and its freezing fog too.

no fog here at present do you think it will reach further parts of the north west?

Posted

no fog here at present do you think it will reach further parts of the north west?

Whats your humidity i have fog here and its 96% humidity.. you need around 92% at the least to be honest... and i think you'll probably get about -5 or -6 depending on how close to the sea you are it seems that parts of blackpool etc never get cold because the temperature never really fluctuates.