Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

As it's 'cloaked', I'll give it a miss...

Of course it's a cloak Pete, after all, it is a bit chilly in outer space! http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen an unusual object in the sky on a north south course - it wasn't very high and looked like a sleigh with a man in red and a white beard sitting on it.

Unfortunately it went straight past my house.

Anybody any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I saw a very interesting programme called UFO chasers on Sky the other night,normally any UFO's shown are mock ups but the clip shown was of a plane flying with someone photographing other planes,on looking at the footage later(the photographer had seen nothing an object with a flaming light in its middle flew past within 1000 feet and slowed and doubled its size. Apparently an infra-red camera was being used which made the thing visible-anyone else see it.

Edited by Rollo

• 1 month later...
Posted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Well.. this is definitely a topic that interests me a lot.. it is so fascinating.

Just thinking about the size of our solar system, compared to the size of our galaxy, and then compared to the size of the observable universe.. it is mind shattering.

My personal opinion is that we are almost certainly not alone. I would say that it is impossible that we are alone. Why?

Well for a start, the vast size of the universe and the number of stars puts everything in favour for life. Statistically speaking, it is a mathematical impossibility for life to not exist somewhere else.

If you then look at our own planet then it becomes even more probable. Bacteria can live in the most hostile places, from deep ocean floors to scorching temperatures. We also have a very narrow minded view that life elsewhere will be similar to us. Whilst it is probably more favourable for life to be carbon based due to the advantages of carbon and the bonds you can make with it, it is by no means a given that all life is based on this.

I think that there is probably life in our solar system, albeit in small bacteria form in the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. I can't remember the name of the moon, but one of Saturn's moons has methane gas in the atmosphere, an almost certain indicator of life seeing as unless something was still producing methane, then it would disappear from the atmosphere within months.

Posted

Close encounters of the third kind:the true story.

The story of how alleged cases of people being abducted by aliens and mysterious sightings in the sky inspired Steven speilberg`s 1977 film,which reflected his own fascination with UFO`s.

Channel 5 thursday 8pm

Posted

Interesting from last month.

Gary heseltine and professional debunker/skeptic Chris french shout it out over the "facts" of the redlesham forest UFO events,1980 after a challenge laid down by Gary on the same show in feb 2012.

We have the wonderful gary heseltine,a british police detective and ufoligist vs skeptic Chris french and I would call this a good shouting match...whatever,do I see some progress in the UK?We have breakfast TV(mid morning)UFO`s and the incident at redlesham forest in 1980...I personally don`t think you can get much more mainstream as this(BBC)

Gary won this debate and made Chris french look stupid for thinking that military men could not tell the difference between a hovering red orb and a lighthouse after being out in the forest for over 4 hours...GREAT stuff!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

I wrote a topic about this the other week, but for a while there's been a light in the sky appearing. It looks like a star really, same size + bright, I eventually realised it wasn't a star by watching it carefully, you can see it darts around in small distances in every direction, at first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks, but after a while I could realise it had moved from its original position, and you can clearly see its moved position either left, right, up or down every 5 minutes or so. I was watching it the other week, and quite a few times it just vansished out of thin air, and when I had returned to see if it had re-appeared, it had! The only reason I decided to post about it again, is because it is out there again tonight. I find it very strange stuff, it doesn't really sound believable, but there you go, make of it what you will.

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

Did you report it?

No? I thought they stopped doing reports on UFOs? Anyway I do see it darting around quite often, so im sure im not the only one who sees it! I still cant believe its a star, as they dont move position constantly.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

I expect that the navigation lights on high flying aircraft could be mistaken for UFO's especially if they are hidden intermittently by patches of cloud but who knows?

Personally I keep an open mind on the subject - it would be most arrogant of us to assume we are the only intelligent life form in the universe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What would happen were somebody to unearth a real 'flying saucer'? How it would, forever, dent our delusions of cosmic uniqueness!

We are an arrogant species?

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Me and the mum saw something odd the other evening over the Solway - we noticed a very small bright dazzling object in the sky. As soon as we spotted whatever it was we both looked and spoke ''did you see that'' but then it quickly hurtled out of sight. Slightly weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I still can't get my head around this video shot 2 years ago in China.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

I still can't get my head around this video shot 2 years ago in China.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnszlJC8iGs

It gives the impression that a giant snowball with a rocky solid centre enters the atmopshere - the ice is vapourising then condensing causing the cylindrical tapering shape at the beginning then as this is used up we are left with rocky core - or otherwise it is a very clever piece of computer graphics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

It gives the impression that a giant snowball with a rocky solid centre enters the atmopshere - the ice is vapourising then condensing causing the cylindrical tapering shape at the beginning then as this is used up we are left with rocky core - or otherwise it is a very clever piece of computer graphics.

It was witnessed by thousands, the Chinese government didn't comment on it.

Posted

It does look like it is travelling at the speed that a normal aircraft would, and its trajectory isn't wayward.

The strange vapour trail appears to be dramatically dispersing as aircraft (?) rises above inversion layer?

Posted

I expect that the navigation lights on high flying aircraft could be mistaken for UFO's especially if they are hidden intermittently by patches of cloud but who knows?

Personally I keep an open mind on the subject - it would be most arrogant of us to assume we are the only intelligent life form in the universe.

We are a most arrogant species :)