Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Withi you on that one Stormchaser and though its been pretty light stuff this last hour its still adding to the inch or two outside. What a great day eh !

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester :good:

brilliant mate,

Thats it for me personally,I dont after today about snow.

But I hope ALL who havent seen get some at some point...

A memory day!!

and it hasnt finshed...Infact according to Richard Angwin,Its just begining :drunk:

e

edit /gone light snow now

Edited by dogs32

Posted

yeah i cant understand why the warnings werent upgraded for this area its been so heavy today never seen anything like it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

"if I were a betting man, I would put my money on the largest accumulations over Salisbury plain, Cotswolds and the Chilterns by 12z tomorrow."

Very light snow here now.

Posted

An emergency warning one minute then taken away the next. Cruel is the only way I can describe it as I'm sure other Dorset peeps will agree. No amount of radar watching is going to make it any different either. :drunk:

I know I am gutted, it looks like we have been (yet again) VERY unlucky.

There will be other shots although this one was looking so promising less than 12 hours ago.

There may be something during the night but I think it's safe to say the main chance has now gone for us

Are things changing yet again. Bristol back in danger zone ?

12z NAE and GFS both shift the heaviest distribution of snowfall a little further east across southern England, with W london and parts of the SE coming under more threat for heavy snowfall especially looking at GFS ... though the general theme is for central southern England, S Midlands, SE Wales, parts of SW England and parts of SE England to see some significant falls of 30cm+ in places, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on the largest accumulations over Salisbury plain, Cotswolds and the Chilterns by 12z tomorrow.

Anyway, the 12z GFS and NAE side by side for 00z/06z/12z Wednesday:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Just got in it's been a lovely rainy daycc_confused.gif

i have a feeling its all going pete tong for me, oh well may be next year

fromeydrinks.gif

Posted

Are things changing yet again. Bristol back in danger zone ?

12z NAE and GFS both shift the heaviest distribution of snowfall a little further east across southern England, with W london and parts of the SE coming under more threat for heavy snowfall especially looking at GFS ... though the general theme is for central southern England, S Midlands, SE Wales, parts of SW England and parts of SE England to see some significant falls of 30cm+ in places, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on the largest accumulations over Salisbury plain, Cotswolds and the Chilterns by 12z tomorrow.

Anyway, the 12z GFS and NAE side by side for 00z/06z/12z Wednesday:

Dan the man on N24 neatly shows the development of the low with areas west and south west of London the target areas with the rap around also effecting Gloucestershire :D

This really has been quite a changing situation today and probably still likely to change. May yet be a few surprises in store so good luck to those who have so far missed out.

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

p.s. and still snowing, albeit lightly, here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

So is Sherborne/Yeovil likely to see any in the next 24hrs or is gonna miss us again....ggggrrr!!!!

Posted

everthings freezing up here now very tricky on the roads paths, was over chard this dinnertime 1300 ,biggest snow flakes i,ve ever seen like paper doilies falling from the sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well have had all the different types of snow today from very fine hail to massive 50p+ size flakes but mostly in shoewrs between 11am and 2pm, since then cloudy and progressively colder. Temp is 0.5C atm so hopefully the proper snow will arrive soon as there is hardly anything just yet.

Looks like some heavy falls around the Solent area!

Posted

Of course, if the whole show does move further east than expected, one of the consequences would be that the impact of the wrap would move eastward too, meaning the Somerset/Dorset area might get a dose on the rebound tomorrow morning.....

Posted

Sorry guys still up to armpits at work (have been since before 0400 and back here again same time tomorrow....) - - attached the latest set of modified NAE frames; note suggested wrap-around development post-midnight especially.

Best

ian

post-8233-12627132040452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fergusson

Posted

Stopped snowing now over the plain!!!! Keeps doing this short light showers. Cannot see us getting the snoe they reckon! :(

Posted

Latest update from the METO, indicates that the SW is still in the firing line some what but nolonger in the bullseye.

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset

Bournemouth

Bristol

Devon

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

Plymouth

Poole

S Gloucestershire

Somerset

Torbay

Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Sorry guys still up to armpits at work (have been since before 0400 and back here again same time tomorrow....) - - attached the latest set of modified NAE frames; note suggested wrap-around development post-midnight especially.

Best

ian

Hey...

That looks better for the extreme SW, or are my eyes deceiving me?!

Best

ian

Thanks for that Ian, especially as you are busy at work and have been there for nearly 16 hours :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Best

ian

03z looks great for here, Lets hope it comes off :hi:

Posted

Best

ian

Wow this now gives me alot more hope :hi:

Didnt expect the wrap-around to be that much.