Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

:) Unbelievable!!! Part 16 already. Now treat it nice and play fair.

Enjoy the weather folks! b025.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

is it snowing the chilterns area anyone, just wondering because i saw a forecast with snow around there also here in thames valley its on the edge at 0.5C and i was thinking out of town on hills to the north Snow?? if so might try to go there tommorow, if its worth it. its always on the edge of snow here but it never seems to happen. [barring last winters 10 inchess!! :)]

Posted

same here - been continuous now for 5 hours with about 3" on top of what was still lying. Still streaming down. Finally managed to rescue my car from the bottom of my road as the ice is now covered with snow. Looking amazing out there though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

shows no sign of stopping here in luton...... its hammering it down yahoo.gif loves it

Posted

I might be wrong but im not very happy with the radar at 17.00. Looks to me like the band is stalling and failing to make much more progression northwards. This might be a temporary hiccup or this is as far N as it will get before moving eastwards!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

seems like there might be a slight thaw as the snow band moves north. But if it moves back SE again, then we could have an interesting night.

Posted

is it snowing the chilterns area anyone, just wondering because i saw a forecast with snow around there also here in thames valley its on the edge at 0.5C and i was thinking out of town on hills to the north Snow?? if so might try to go there tommorow, if its worth it. its always on the edge of snow here but it never seems to happen. [barring last winters 10 inchess!! biggrin.gif]

Certainly High Wycombe, Amersham, Chesham etc are all reporting snow. I think some sledging at Stokenchurch is on the cards acute.gif

Posted

seems like there might be a slight thaw as the snow band moves north. But if it moves back SE again, then we could have an interesting night.

Interesting, in the band it's exactly 0c, Out of it I would think it's colder!

I might be wrong but im not very happy with the radar at 17.00. Looks to me like the band is stalling and failing to make much more progression northwards. This might be a temporary hiccup or this is as far N as it will get before moving eastwards!

Here's hoping it's correct and it's stalling! :D

You've had enough snow.. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

OH MY DAYZ! Never had such a fun drive home ;) lol

My place is covered, about an inch easily - it just hammered it down for an hour!!! err, kinda light stuff now though.

Hope it pivots back and lashes us again, would be well worth the wait after all the days of :):doh::D

Posted

The band is barely moving north at the moment, still has arrived though I can tell it is very close

Posted

Depends what side of the front you are, here the temp has been 1.1C for about an hour now and it is raining as it has been all afternoon.

Posted

Rapid thaw here.

Would be nice to see it head back SE with heavy snow, to repair the damage. Not holding my breath though.

Posted

Here's hoping it's correct and it's stalling! :D

You've had enough snow.. :)

Next frame has put my mind at ease as its still moving slowly N. Conditions here are fantastic as its remained at -1C all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

i meant a very slight thaw. With snow on the ground and skies clearing im sure the temps will start to drop. But isnt there slightly milder air behind the snow?

Got away with it by the skin of our teeth at Watford - anxiously watching the rain head north and it got within about 3 miles according to the radar - however it remained as snow, well sleet to begin with when more was melting than settling, however we have proper snow again now, which is settling, not too much at the moment, say a cm but some very nice lamp posts about now and there appears to be some more on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

omg it says on google earth its currently heavily snowing in central London, i must live in the most unfortunate location ever!! this makes me want a caR. Also North and east of london plus the chilterns. can someone confirm?

Next frame has put my mind at ease as its still moving slowly N. Conditions here are fantastic as its remained at -1C all day.

We were below freezing, then as the front moved in temps went up to around 2 degrees (at which point it was rain/sleet), as it moved over they then dropped back to sub freezing in the snow.

Edited by mituozo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.

Just had an almighty lightning flash here. The thunder was straight after. Rain and sleet ATM

Posted

Ach, Heavy snow 20 miles to the south of Cambridge, Saffron Walden. Just come further north please! <_<