Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

N-W US Stormchase 2008 Videos

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Hi all,

Have compiled some of the best clips of our 37 days of chasing in a 2-part video, here is part one which incorporates chases 1 and 2:

WARNING: CONTAINS SWEARING!

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/a79edfb41c1ce02e

Part 2 to follow shortly ...

Posted

As promised, Part II of the stormchase - which mainly covers the 3rd chase, and probably the best of the part of the 37 days for action IMO, particularly when we had a very close shave with a tornado in Nebraska!

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/a79ed8b71f16ed2e

Have discovered tonight more video that maybe worth showing in clips, so perhaps maybe do a part 3!

Posted

Thanks for the comments, feel a sense of guilt that you weren't there John, the strong winds we experienced were a little frightening to say the least.

In 2007, my first chase, I never experienced the large hail and extreme RFD winds that we encountered this year - especially towards the end of the chase.

Posted

I tell you I will never forget that day as long as I live those winds where the strongest i have ever seen it did not help chris opening the door at the hieght of the winds the door nearly came clean of :D:D and we had our own little storm inside the mini bus however I would not change anything that happened that day it wasd totaly awsome and again on reflection life threatening all at the same time damm Paul how many days to go now!!! :o :o

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Paul S or anyone. Is there still a storm chasing programme on ITV coming out this year, with 2008 footage of your near miss? Do you know when it will be?

c

Posted
Paul S or anyone. Is there still a storm chasing programme on ITV coming out this year, with 2008 footage of your near miss? Do you know when it will be?

c

Hi

Yes I am eagerly awaiting this and will find out the Release Date, all I know is it will air on ITV1 In the Spring, I think Chris is still Filming the last bit on Norwegian Blizzards as we speak (Lucky Guy) It really will be worth the wait as some of the footage will be the best you have ever seen, Even the Forest Fire Episode is going to be Spectacular, remember it is called "Storm Riders"

Will drop Chris a Message on Facebook and find out if he knows a release date.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
Hi

Yes I am eagerly awaiting this and will find out the Release Date, all I know is it will air on ITV1 In the Spring, I think Chris is still Filming the last bit on Norwegian Blizzards as we speak (Lucky Guy) It really will be worth the wait as some of the footage will be the best you have ever seen, Even the Forest Fire Episode is going to be Spectacular, remember it is called "Storm Riders"

Will drop Chris a Message on Facebook and find out if he knows a release date.

Paul S

Thanks, I can't wait. There will be a big announcement on NW won't there?

• 2 months later...
Posted
I love you're count down timer mate.

Cheers, i was trying to embed the timer in the Sig for Paul but the security on the forum wont allow me to run Java Script. Thought I had taken it off cause its a bit on the basic side. Might jaz it up a little.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

Just Spoken to the Producers of the Upcoming ITV Show and a Slight Change of Name for the Programme.

This is now to be "Natures Fury" Instead of "Storm Riders"

Still on Schedule for Late June or Early July.

Paul S

Posted

*weeps* I need to do this, I have to go storm chasing in the USA, damnit! I'm not eating this year to save for it! *stomps foot* I wanna gooo!