Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome all to The Storm Enthusiasts group

Posted

words canot express how dissapointed i have been this year......though yrs past i have been spoil t for choice abroad for some great electrics

I reckon the East got the best this year

I dont think snow storms count unless they contain lightning....is thios correct Jane

Edited by dogs42

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A great idea for a community group...put my name down for this, the powers that be!

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

words canot express how dissapointed i have been this year......though yrs past i have been spoil t for choice abroad for some great electrics

I know how you are feeling , think we have had just two decent storms this year, and they followed each other,

Think next year im seriously thinking about getting myself anther laptop ,then im off chasing again , i stopped doing this because of work and family commitments,, dont get me wrong family comes befor anything else , but my wife will understand

i Hope lol

nigel

Posted

I know how you are feeling , think we have had just two decent storms this year, and they followed each other,

Think next year im seriously thinking about getting myself anther laptop ,then im off chasing again , i stopped doing this because of work and family commitments,, dont get me wrong family comes befor anything else , but my wife will understand

i Hope lol

nigel

Nigel...Family first.....Thats good that they dont mind you whizzing off to get some great Storms on your travels..

I myself am looking into a laptop in the future for storm chasing....Its better to hunt for them than wait for them at least you have radar on laptop and a camera....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Nigel...Family first.....Thats good that they dont mind you whizzing off to get some great Storms on your travels..

I myself am looking into a laptop in the future for storm chasing....Its better to hunt for them than wait for them at least you have radar on laptop and a camera....

I use my mobile phone to get on Netweather on the go. I can get everything, all the charts, radar and even post on the forum, it's great!

My phone is the LG Viewty, it's also good as a backup camera if i'm ever caught out without my proper one.

Posted

I use my mobile phone to get on Netweather on the go. I can get everything, all the charts, radar and even post on the forum, it's great!

My phone is the LG Viewty, it's also good as a backup camera if i'm ever caught out without my proper one.

thx mate thats handy to know....will look into that..............but surely the radar is small...I mean can you see it properly

sorry I work from home so have no need of mobile phone...I do have one somewhere...But where I do not know

Edited by dogs42

Posted

i Hope lol

nigel

Its always been my objective to go storm chasing along with a laptop next to me so i know where i will go to find the storms but i need a car and passed driving lessons first, so it will be a little while before i do that.

I am surprised Dogs has said it has not been a good summer for storms in his area, thought you might be in a good location for storms. Guess i am not the only one who is suffering from the lack of storms then.

Posted

thx mate thats handy to know....will look into that..............but surely the radar is small...I mean can you see it properly

I think the screen is 3 inch but it's nice and clear and you can use the zoom and postcode zoom so there's no problem with size.

Posted

Geordie......Listen to how bad this is.......All year the bad storms have skirted here....You could see the lightning but none have been direct hits....Lynxus will say the same....So unfortunate that they all passed here...But I got some great pics of Anvils....

Thx Multi will check out your phone.Someone on here had a fantastic set up I think his name is Tornado alley

Snow Queen its very bright :rolleyes:

edit thats better Snow Queen...very nice

Edited by dogs42

Well thundersnow or indeed normal electrical storms,all good! I'll put my name forward to join but it means i'll be expecting the southern members to share a few more of their storms with us northern folk http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I think the screen is 3 inch but it's nice and clear and you can use the zoom and postcode zoom so there's no problem with size.

and to quote blackadder 'its not what you've got but where you stick it' :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I have only just started using a Laptop at the caravan at the moment we have 2 caravan batteries and one car battery charged up.I am hoping maybe if we go away this weekend that the batteries will give the laptop at least 6 hours usage so as I can follow the radar and the forums.I would like to setup my webcam from the caravan but I think it would slow down the usage of the battery.

Posted

Geordie......Listen to how bad this is.......All year the bad storms have skirted here....You could see the lightning but none have been direct hits....Lynxus will say the same....So unfortunate that they all passed here...But I got some great pics of Anvils....

Thx Multi will check out your phone.Someone on here had a fantastic set up I think his name is Tornado alley

Snow Queen its very bright http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I know i posted the wrong image have corrected it now. :rolleyes:

Posted

Sometimes it's just as good when they pass within a few miles away, you still often get the thunder and lightning, and you can see the cloud structure.

Also if it's not a direct hit it maybe won't be raining and you know more or less where the lightning is, so maybe it's better for photos that way too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I love storms but never get too many in my neck of the woods. But here is a photo my OH took of the big storm we had recently.

Enjoy

post-2220-1219846464_thumb.jpg

Great photo there Snow Queen. Very well caught.

Posted

Snow Queen its very bright http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

:rolleyes: That is actually not bad at all Dogs compare to my situation, aslong you can see the lightning in the vicinity i don't really care if its overhead or not. We rarely get fantastic anvils here, either convection starts and flattens or we get one big convection mess here. So far this summer we had more night time storms than daytime storms which say it all really.

Posted

Spain....1993

Santa Susanhah...Costa Brava

like I said Geordie I would move :rolleyes:

Honest I would...But I am addicted though

Edited by dogs42

Posted

Geordie Its like saying to Paula Radcliffe be happy you finished 26th?....I know she would only be happy if she was first

OK....IM GREEDY :rolleyes:http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Snow Queen lovely shot....whats the camera and do you have any more

Jane would you say on the whole that we have missed out this yr....Because of the the storms skirting

Edited by dogs42

Posted

If it hadn't have been for the 6th August storm down here, I would feel quite storm starved this year. But that storm was a once in 10 year occasion (not that I want to wait another 10 years you understand) and has really given me a boost!

Can we have at least another couple please Mr Thor? Posted Image