Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Final Chance to win a place on the 2009 storm chase

Paul

Posted

Good luck everyone! :)

I went out there in may this year and it was just incredible to be stood underneath those supercells ... even if you dont win the competition, I hope it gives you the resolve to still get out there!

:) Sam, Cirencester

Posted

Good luck everyone! :)

I went out there in may this year and it was just incredible to be stood underneath those supercells ... even if you dont win the competition, I hope it gives you the resolve to still get out there!

:) Sam, Cirencester

Posted

Well done Tammy!!!!!!! Wooohooo. :) Enjoy the experience. I'm seriously considering booking one of these trips it's just a matter of finding the cash.

Well done.

Jay.

Posted

Im saving like mad.....I must see that sort of electric storms..whats tammy name on here anyone know

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Well done Tammy, If your easily offended by bad language (Paul, Nick and Co are serious 'bucket' mouths) i'll take ya place :)

Posted

thats it Im not going..Im a monk :) ..I will have to bring my holy water for Nick.F and Paul.S..Not Buds

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Ahem ... me? no! ... though sometimes the adrenaline does take over our vocabulary.

Well done Tammy!

Posted

Well Congrats to Tammy!

I think I almost had the shock of my life when the test broadcast started! I had left the page open and had forgotten it was open while I was doing other stuff on my pc and then I got a voice saying 'Good Evening Netweather here' :)

I must say the first broadcast was very good!

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Hi all!!

I am Tammy aka Aunt Sally!!! I just wanted to say many thanks for the congratulations on winning the competion http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif I am soooo excited, its something I have always wanted to do but never had enough money - it really is a dream come true. Netweather were only able to get hold of me yesterday to tell me I had won as I have been in sunny France for 2 weeks, so I found out at Boulogne Docks whilst waiting for our ferry!! It was fantastic way to finish a holiday, not sure what everyone else thought with me screaming very loudly and running around. I honestly never thought I would win this competion so I am still in shock and walking around with a beaming smile on my face http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I can't wait to to go on the Stormchase 2009 and maybe I'll see some of you on it as well. Commiserations to people who didn't win - I am really sorry.

Thanks again for the congratulations.

Bye for now

Tammy

Posted

Tammy see you there....My first time as well....take a good camera http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

cant wait to go...but I think it could become quite terrifying..I dont know if you saw the video at the gas station..They got caught up in one..sky went like night

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Huge congratulations Tammy - it's a once in a lifetime trip and I'm over the moon that the prize was won by a netweather member.

Have an amazing time there - hope you get to see your first tornado (from a nice safe distance :) )