Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah, that was me, trying to fix. Think the problem is still happening on the fixed width theme, you've probably been moved off of it automatically to the default. Will get it working again shortly. 

It looks much wider than normal, but it's quite nice as i'm using a 43" 4K display as my monitor now - lot's of space!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just to let you know the link in the announcement at the top of the hunt for cold thread doesn’t work. 

Posted

re the radar notifications.. i've got a new phone that has Android 8.1 now. I don't get automatic notifications. However, as soon as I go in to the settings, the notification comes through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

For some reason I can’t view the hunt for cold thread in safari. All the other threads I’ve tried to view work as normal. 

D5EFA6C3-8765-440D-9437-85F736BC2B82.png

Posted

Must be something on the last page as it’s working now it’s on a new page. Still can’t load that page though and clearing cookies and cache didn’t work. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Hi forum team, on behalf of @Ed Stone's status update, myself and no doubt a few others on here. Please would it be possible to have a function added to delete our own posts? Would be really good, but I understand if you have reasons not to implement, thanks for reading!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Yeah, that's possible, in fact I thought it was already switched on tbh. It should be now, so you should see an options bit next to edit on your posts, which has the option to hide the post if you like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm probably being thick, but can you remind me how to block a user?

I can't see an option for the life of me!

Edited by Johnp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 hour ago, Johnp said:

I'm probably being thick, but can you remind me how to block a user?

I can't see an option for the life of me!

If you're on a computer hover your mouse over the persons name and click 'ignore user'

Untitled.thumb.png.134d2ee20e1397b8e903b129bcf08dc4.png

Tick the boxes of what you don't want to see and click update preferences 

Mobile or any other device tap the 3 lines top right, account, ignored users 

• Thanks 1

Posted

I’m not on a computer at the moment but I believe if you click your username in the top right corner you can get to the ignore preferences from that menu as well. Easier there if adding multiple users, or removing some which I’ve just done. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
On 09/11/2018 at 20:45, Mapantz said:

re the radar notifications.. i've got a new phone that has Android 8.1 now. I don't get automatic notifications. However, as soon as I go in to the settings, the notification comes through.

This is related to the battery management in Android 8.1, if you go into the app settings, choose battery optimisation and then choose the radar app from the list, you can switch off the optimisation which will allow the app to ping our server to get rain alerts when the app isn't open. 

If Android keeps this system, we'll look to switch it to a server only system which means the app won't have to check for alerts itself, they'll just be sent automatically, which'll stop the battery setting from affecting it. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 03/12/2018 at 11:21, Paul said:

This is related to the battery management in Android 8.1, if you go into the app settings, choose battery optimisation and then choose the radar app from the list, you can switch off the optimisation which will allow the app to ping our server to get rain alerts when the app isn't open. 

If Android keeps this system, we'll look to switch it to a server only system which means the app won't have to check for alerts itself, they'll just be sent automatically, which'll stop the battery setting from affecting it. 

Yep - that solved it! Just had a notification for moderate rain in the vicinity.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Posting on behalf of @karlos1983

Can’t view the site at all at the moment. Already tried clearing cache and cookies. 

E0C01B01-67CE-4884-91EB-7EC3F15024F0.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Posting on behalf of @karlos1983

Can’t view the site at all at the moment. Already tried clearing cache and cookies. 

E0C01B01-67CE-4884-91EB-7EC3F15024F0.jpeg

Thanks Matt. Appears to just be Page 73 in the Hunt for Cold Thread I cant view. So I’ll just wait for a new page to come ?‍♂️

Weird 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Thanks Matt. Appears to just be Page 73 in the Hunt for Cold Thread I cant view. So I’ll just wait for a new page to come ?‍♂️

Weird 

I had the same problem a while back on that thread. Only thing I could do was wait for a new page. 

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Are you all using Safari browser?

I am and it’s working but for some it seems it’s not. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Are you all using Safari browser?

Yes

Posted

Can any of you remember what the last post you could see on that page was (or at least who it was by). I'm guessing there's something odd in a post which causes this, but I can't see anything obvious so need a bit of help narrowing it down!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Any better now?

Will check.