Welcome To The Netweather Forum!

Sign In or Register for full access to the community - including the regional forums.

Community Status Updates

Photo

Summer Sun

Brilliant reaction from Jose on the Ice bucket challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFLz76BoRb0
37 minutes ago
Photo

karyo

Are people really finding this weather that cold? It is not cold unless the canals freeze!
Today, 10:16
  • Scorcher's Photo
    Scorcher
    That's more of the situation I was thinking of Bottesford- sitting around.
    48 minutes ago
  • PolarWarsaw's Photo
    PolarWarsaw
    This is perfect ! Let's hope it's the start of a downward trend for the next 6 months.
    46 minutes ago
  • karyo's Photo
    karyo
    Do you live in Warsaw? Your location gets dreamy winters!
    41 minutes ago
Photo

Harry

I am sick of this cold weather!
Today, 09:45
  • Harry's Photo
    Harry
    I work in C London and live in NW Kent...8C mornings and 17C max temps is cold when my body temperature gauge is expecting 24C+ and 16C+ nights! Sleeping is lovely, but otherwise I just hate the cold! :'( Agree with Bottesford - Augusts over the past number of years have been dire!
    Today, 12:07
  • Gordon Webb's Photo
    Gordon Webb
    it's all down to opinion's I've liked this month much more then the previous 2
    54 minutes ago
  • Steve C's Photo
    Steve C
    Apart from the thunder, this month has been crap here. Relatively cloudy and clammy for the first week and a bit. Now utterly boring imho. Polar maritime dross, without even the big showers that can sometimes result
    33 minutes ago
Photo

Dale Hay

Pulled (yet another) all-nighter with the windows wide open... so lovely having a cool/cold feeling room. :D (Morning NW)
Today, 06:04
Photo

Backtrack

Come back Summer, we miss you! 15C in August just isn't right for a daytime maxima :(
Yesterday, 17:14
  • triple_x1's Photo
    triple_x1
    Funny how 15C at night and It's suddenly. Hot?
    Yesterday, 21:59
  • Tony27's Photo
    Tony27
    lol
    Yesterday, 22:23
  • Bottesford's Photo
    Bottesford
    No better over this side of the North Sea either. 13c this morning at 9am and under overcast skies. Gone from shorts and everything open one week to slippers & back in an airless stuffy room the next. Far too early for this - the winter is long enough as it is!
    Today, 07:46
Photo

Lauren

So very sad to find out one of my dear work colleagues and friends took her life yesterday. A beautiful soul. They always seem to be taken from us too soon. I hope she is at peace.
Yesterday, 14:40
  • Bobby's Photo
    Bobby
    Sorry to hear that. RIP.
    Yesterday, 17:48
  • Lauren's Photo
    Lauren
    We don't know the ins and outs, she had had a lot of health problems and her husband seems to think her latest illness was just one too far. Bit of a shock to say the least, she will be very much missed.
    Yesterday, 18:01
  • IanR's Photo
    IanR
    very sad to hear this , I can understand the feeling of overwhelming and crippling sadness, I am going through a painful time, but to get so bad to take your own life is beyond words ,
    Yesterday, 22:22
Photo

triple_x1

Snap poll..summer score update? Much down to personal preference 6.5/10 (Heat gone few ts to speak of)
Yesterday, 12:25
  • Bristle boy's Photo
    Bristle boy
    7.5 out of 10. June and July were v good. even 1st 6/7 days of August were good. It's just this last 2 weeks that have been naff here.
    Today, 06:47
  • Bishop Brennan's Photo
    Bishop Brennan
    8/10 for June and July, too early to give a score for August yet tbh
    Today, 07:18
  • simshady's Photo
    simshady
    2/10 June, 3/10 July and 10/10 for August so far.
    Today, 07:52
Photo

Nick L

5.5c last night for me, coldest on record for August (going back to 2005)
Yesterday, 11:40
  • Nick L's Photo
    Nick L
    Indeed lassie haha. That would have felt cold last winter, let alone August...
    Yesterday, 11:56
  • Bishop Brennan's Photo
    Bishop Brennan
    5.2c here overnight
    Yesterday, 12:38
  • Steve C's Photo
    Steve C
    Speak for yourself Karyo. I don't mind a cold winter, but no way do I want a cold autumn. Pointless imho.
    Yesterday, 18:09
Photo

Dorsetbred

Single digit temperatures at night, christmas items in the shops, it must be November....
Yesterday, 07:14
  • pip22's Photo
    pip22
    I heard a christmas song another day!! It is November!! :-D
    Yesterday, 09:39
  • Bottesford's Photo
    Bottesford
    Gordon - I think you'll probably find 'the majority' away from weather forums would prefer summer weather in high summer.
    Yesterday, 10:29
  • triple_x1's Photo
    triple_x1
    Jingle ruddy bells.
    Yesterday, 22:53
Photo

karyo

The area north of Vatnajökull is being evacuated!
Aug 19 2014 23:41
  • karyo's Photo
    karyo
    And that uncertainly makes it even more fascinating for me. :-)
    Yesterday, 11:07
  • tinybill's Photo
    tinybill
    if it blows wont be good trying to get a plane!!!
    Yesterday, 19:56
  • karyo's Photo
    karyo
    It depends on the wind direction.
    Yesterday, 20:48
Photo

Isolated Frost

8c... you can smell the Eastenders christmas special in the air
Aug 19 2014 22:35
  • lassie23's Photo
    lassie23
    I wonder who they are going to kill off this year! Hopefully they will kill off Eastenders altogether! 10.7c here!
    Aug 19 2014 22:49
Photo

Bishop Brennan

I fell into the lens grinding machine at a glasses factory. Made a complete spectacle of myself.
Aug 19 2014 19:30
Photo

Isolated Frost

9 consecutive above average months here at Durham... imagine the reaction if there were 9 cooler ones! Acclimatised to the abnormal warmth
Aug 19 2014 16:53
  • Styx's Photo
    Styx
    8 month run in hobart, august may go the other way. i defiently appreciate what you mean about being acclimatised to anomalous warmth
    Aug 19 2014 21:09
  • gottolovethisweather's Photo
    gottolovethisweather
    There were 13 consecutive months below average from May 2012 to May 2013 as I recall so yes anything is possible I suspect. August 2014 is looking likely to be well below average for some. I'm registering 1.5c below the 1981-2010 mean as things stand. Nothing is predictable any more if truth be told.

Aug 19 2014 21:16
  • gottolovethisweather's Photo
    gottolovethisweather
    So to answer Isolated Frost, I wouldn't rule out that particular prospect but then again it may well not happen either. I think the certainty that another extreme month for one whichever reason be it rainfall, dryness, temperature is on the cards before the year is out, all IMHO. Afterall we appear to be world of weather extremes right now.
    Aug 19 2014 21:23
Photo

IanR

finding it difficult to cope with the loss of my dad during the early hours of monday, my only remaining parent , cherish them if you still have them, its easy to take for granted
Aug 19 2014 16:15
  • Thundery wintry showers's Photo
    Thundery wintry showers
    Sad news- I hope others around you remain supportive and understanding of the magnitude of the loss, and that with time you are able to carry positive memories forward while getting fewer flashbacks to the "grief" emotions as time goes on.
    Yesterday, 11:34
  • karyo's Photo
    karyo
    Sorry to hear Ian. This is never easy to deal with. Make sure you get some release.
    Yesterday, 11:53
  • Dami's Photo
    Dami
    so sorry to hear. It gets better, I lost my mum suddenly a week after my uncle and my dad passed away before my lil one was born, but believe me how you're feeling gets better. take care
    Yesterday, 12:17
Photo

Summer Sun

I stayed up all night wondering where the sun had gone, then it dawned on me
Aug 19 2014 15:55