Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Another lovely summers day, turning into a very decent summery spell of weather with little rain over the last 10 days. This evening is another very light one with blue skies. Love this time of year!

Posted

Got the haylage wrapped today. Got just over 100 (small) bales of haylage per acre from the field. Just wondered what you were getting. Haylage is a bit closer to hay than last year, quite dry but not too much so

Got 10 round bales to the acre of  wrapped haylage  just prior to Highland show up from 7 bales/acre last year so similar yield to you. Hoping to make hay in small bales next month if weather gives us a few dry days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Got 10 round bales to the acre of  wrapped haylage  just prior to Highland show up from 7 bales/acre last year so similar yield to you. Hoping to make hay in small bales next month if weather gives us a few dry days.

That's good. We're up from 65 per acre from last July, so much better.Hay is quite difficult to find a long enough spell of good weather. The haylage was too wet on Saturday and by Sunday when it was cut it's a bit dry. Doesn't really matter but Haylage is preferable to hay for the horses and to be sold to others
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

yesterday was first time the weather station I check in stirling was below 20c at 19.5c probably due to amount of cloud but today it reached 21.1c and there was more sunshine today still no reading from polmont which I hate as its closer to where I am than the stirling one.

really need to get my own station but have bills coming out my ears but as soon as possible I'm going to get one so I can tell my own temps and see just how bad the winter hotspot is compared to everywhere else lol.

• Like 1

Posted

models have been a little all over the place lately but I have been keeping an eye on the CPC 500mb charts and they don't seem that bad

I don't have any from the last few days I tried looking in the archives but cant seem to get them but over the last few days the charts have been showing some weak low pressure anomalies but like we see in the BBC forecasts when it runs out to Thursday these look to be going further south towards the south of England

latest CPC 500mb charts are showing high pressure being anchored to the northwest its there on the 6-10 day chart and again but slightly weaker on the 8-14 day chart but as it progresses towards us this could become a stronger anomaly as it has a tendency to do at times

post-18233-0-85642400-1403609356_thumb.gpost-18233-0-39699600-1403609357_thumb.g

now we see on both charts the lower pressure that may make it through to the British isles looks to be heading towards the southwest so looks like we may see the better of the drier weather up this way and the wetter stuff could be further south and should this pattern come to fruition and stick around we may see further flooding concerns for southern England if the atlantic revs up like seems to be the norm in the last few years

not knock out charts for heat and temps would probably be around average on a set up like this possibly a degree or so below average but if it stays relatively dry I would accept that for now.

• Like 2

Posted

Currently 21.5c and fairly sunny. Great summer weather. 14 days straight now that 20c has been breached

Spits of rain were around this morning but it came to nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Oooh, lookie lookie, they've added Kinbrace, Dalwhinnie, Cassley, Kinlochewe and Fyvie Castle to xcweather.co.uk 

18'C and blue skies here

Posted

saw this on twitter and had to add it in here as I couldn't stop laughing

post-18233-0-31129800-1403616454_thumb.j

hope none of you women are thinking of going to Glastonbury and any guys going take the bum shield just incase :rofl:

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Better day with fresher air and warm sunshine leading to the Land Of The Midnight Sun post-2744-0-34735900-1403647940_thumb.jppost-2744-0-35731700-1403647956_thumb.jp  Currently 9c

• Like 4

Posted

Posted

Was wondering if the rain would stay away but obviously not as it's raining :rofl:  Not seen any sun today at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well I envy those reporting temps in the 20s or close as it's been far from that here. A quick look at the weather data for Dyce proves what I thought, temps around the mid teens and not much in the way of sun. The wind direction has been largely from the N or E and that's no good for here at this time of the year. I has been mainly, but not exclusively, dry so I've no complaints about that.

Posted

Very cool out there tonight as I was scarifying the neeps  at 8.5c with fresh NE wind and blue skies out over the Firth to the NE  with some small shower cumulus on the horizon with a grey sheet of cloud over us .A classic clearance in winter to a much colder arctic airstream. I see Glencoe had about 80 skiers out on midsummers day on some fairly lengthy runs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWW2YhPhVO8

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Better day than expected here really. It was quite warm, sunny and calm up until around 3pm when it became cloudy with a cool breeze and one or two spits and spots which didn't come to anything. Only achieved 17.6c but it felt warmer. Tomorrow looks usable too so not complaining.

Posted

Pretty poor today. Pleasant enough during the morning and early afternoon, 17c, however, drizzle became less intermittent and more persistent. Not cold but cooler than of late and fairly wet. Doesn't look too wet in the coming days mind...

Posted

Well I envy those reporting temps in the 20s or close as it's been far from that here. A quick look at the weather data for Dyce proves what I thought, temps around the mid teens and not much in the way of sun. The wind direction has been largely from the N or E and that's no good for here at this time of the year. I has been mainly, but not exclusively, dry so I've no complaints about that.

I did notice the Aberdeen forecast from the Met... 'Not good' would be an understatement13c or under maxes are really desperately poor. Luckily for me and others in the west or south-west, north-east winds aren't too bad as we've been reporting...Next week looks nothing inspiring but most days should make 18c, maybe a 19 or 20 could be reached in the best of the sunshine
  • Like 1

Posted

Very cool out there tonight as I was scarifying the neeps  at 8.5c with fresh NE wind and blue skies out over the Firth to the NE  with some small shower cumulus on the horizon with a grey sheet of cloud over us .A classic clearance in winter to a much colder arctic airstream. I see Glencoe had about 80 skiers out on midsummers day on some fairly lengthy runs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWW2YhPhVO8

good to see plenty of people out enjoying the skiing in the middle of summer maybe not as much snow but longer daylight hours for them to enjoy

you should repost it in here as well its a thread for snow in the Scottish mountains

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79301-snow-on-the-scottish-mountains-2014/page-5

the sun is back out here today after a few days of it missing most of the time, temps might not be what they have been lately when the sun is shining but at least its fresher and not so humid stirling station currently at 16.8c polmont one is still screwed up though.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Really lovely day here, wall to wall sunshine and 18'C - can't complain! 

Posted

Got to say although it's not that sunny today. it's cool. Much prefer this type of weather. Lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Its like Autumn here! Not good.

Posted

Very cool here today with a maximum of 12c .Birds back at the feeders including two Woodpeckers.   Dull too with light showers. Typical weather tropical one week and arctic the next.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

It is pretty chilly here for the time of year Catch. I actually felt cold in the house yesterday because of that NE wind. It's here again this morning, cloudy and chilly. I wish this summer would get a move on. Saying that though, there has been very little rain, it's just the temperatures that are annoying.  As you say, the next few days look ok for us, hopefully the temps will lift a bit.  Currently 13c after an overnight low of 8.8c.

post-1989-0-91993000-1403945890_thumb.jp

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bloody cauld here, was stuck on 11c yesterday and looks the same today.

Posted

As suspected, my location means I'm fairly sheltered to those cool winds. Due to spells of strong sunshine yesterday we made just over 20c. Today looks cooler though with a lot of cloud around.

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

I think the forecast showers for this area are a bit more potent than expected - just had a heavy shower when the forecast only called for light showers.

Edited by Richard Taylor