Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted

Hmm dew point and temp is dropping in Camborne it's coming smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

I'll be the first to scream snow if it hits in Camborne, but alas not going to happen I'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

With all your hard work and enthusiasm in this thread over the last couple of days and your humour, I cannot think of anyone better to recieve a great big dumping of the white stuff. Good luck.

second that drinks.gif

Posted

Temp 3.2c with a Dew point of -2.4c. Just come in from being out, most areas are now around 3c with the rain/sleet now stopped. Gritters are going crazy and taking no chances, dropping lots of grit!

SM

prob wont be able to get around the roads tomorrow not due to snow but a piles of grit..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

totally agree we really need some clear skies to freeze this lot other wise we will pay for it i think.

so wet out there , heres hoping

good luck all

see what the morning brings!!!

I'm not too worried about the wetness but more of the fact that front might barely get to our region at all.

Nevertheless that would clearly go against current model guidance and even if it did, there would be some almighty dumpings elsewhere.

Slowly as she goes. A long long winter ahead of us I would say.

Posted

I'll be the first to scream snow if it hits in Camborne, but alas not going to happen I'm afraid.

Lol I know here's praying but know deep down its a no show for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Jeeze that wind is fierce not had it that strong in its current direction for a while

em dew point is 4.7 temp is 5 .6

wind is picking up .... He'll of a wind chill too..... Going to wake up at 3 and see if anything white is coming down.

Take care and chat laters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Radar at midnight, main band looking nice and active.

radarcap_zps01607535.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What is the ETA in Southampton. . . . . Is it about 6am or before that do you reckon, think I'll need to go to bed!!!!!

This should help.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75613-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-17th-januray-2013-12z-onwards/page__st__980#entry2523015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

The temp drop seems it will be very fast, a rare thing around here. 4c drop in a few hours.

Posted

I'm not too worried about the wetness but more of the fact that front might barely get to our region at all.

Nevertheless that would clearly go against current model guidance and even if it did, there would be some almighty dumpings elsewhere.

Slowly as she goes. A long long winter ahead of us I would say.

What are you saying? A downgrade for us? Please Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted

The temp drop seems it will be very fast, a rare thing around here. 4c drop in a few hours.

Where in north devon are you??

Posted

I'm starting to wish this detritus currently over more central parts would bugger off.

Is this simply going to be pushed out of the way, its bloody just keeping my Temps up for now, I'd prefer clear skies.

0.6c AT, -0.2c DP, 1010.2mb rapidly falling barometer trend.

The satellite shows the old front responsible is shearing apart, so the southern part is fizzling out as the main frontal system approaches.

It's kind of weird here at the moment, the rain has stopped just about, temp around 3.1, humidity up (don't trust the hygrometer in this thing either!) but the wind is gusty and like you the pressure is falling quite quickly. But there is a distinct chill to the wind, suggesting the lower dewpoints are arriving.

Best go to bed soon I suppose - I'll be listening for slushy noises from the road outside before I get up!

Edited by OldMetMan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

22yl3p.jpg

snaptease.gif

Posted

22yl3p.jpg

Yea thats what I'm thinking, as I'm quite far east prob best just to get up nice and early.

Posted

I'm not saying anything as such.

Simply a case of watch this space.

Many more chances of snow to come in the coming week for a starters and it would be a monumental change to alter the current forecast.

Think long-term prospects or short-term gain, what would you prefer?

Nothings change as far as I can tell currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Radar at midnight, main band looking nice and active.

radarcap_zps01607535.png

Whereabouts in Stroud are you? I'm top end of Summer Street, mostly white up here, just a couple cm. That band's creeping this way, hope it gets this far!

Posted

I'm not saying anything as such.

Simply a case of watch this space.

Many more chances of snow to come in the coming week for a starters and it would be a monumental change to alter the current forecast.

Think long-term prospects or short-term gain, what would you prefer?

Nothings change as far as I can tell currently.

I want short term gain! I opened the second bottle of wine and am seriously hoping that tomorrow will be a write off where schools and work are concerned!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted

Phew, see Old Met Man's reply.

Game on, let the rest get their share of the snow firstly and then CSE may well end up the sweet spot as we head into the 12hrs - 36hrs timeframe.

Nah i'm alright for bread. I bought a few loaves from the local supermarchet earlier to keep in my larder just in case ph34r.png

D7K_9576_zps58d1c99a.jpg

Humidity has dropped to 79% from 91% a couple of hours ago air_kiss.gif

I prefer your buns QS. rofl.gif

Posted

Last update from me. I'm very pleased with the way it's going. Very much as the meso models have been suggesting. Latest UKV (or is it UK4 - I'm not so sure now!) on Met Office website keeps more precipitation over Southern Dorset, pretty much continuous all the way into Saturday infact.

Wind has definitely picked up here. Temp 3.8 , Dew Point -3.5 IMBY. The low dew point makes it feel very raw indeed.

Good luck all, whatever your preference! And thanks again to the mods who do a fabulous job keeping this place running.

Posted

Whereabouts in Stroud are you? I'm top end of Summer Street, mostly white up here, just a couple cm. That band's creeping this way, hope it gets this far!

Oh summer street (memories) I used to live there, number 46, always great for snow, and as it's north facing wintry weather always hangs around more than anywhere else, tends to stay frosty all day as well.

But Alas I'm now down at the lower end of Rodborough, 70masl. We have had light snow for hours but none settled, I was pretty sure it would be settling higher up though and you've confirmed this.

But the main event is yet to get anywhere near, looking forward to tomorrow.